The Student Room Group

Changing address on test?

Does anyone know how it works now to change the address on test?
Because the new system kicks in, you no longer need the paper licence.
It used to be that you could write your new address on the paper licence and they will send you the licence to your new address if you pass.
But now you dont have the paper licence anymore.

Does anyone know? Im moving out my current address at the end of the month but have a test on Sat.

Thanks.
Reply 1
If your test is on Saturday the 20th, then you will still officially be at the address on the licence on the day you pass. You don't need to do anything.

If you pass, your new licence will be sent to your current address, then when you move at the end of the month, you must notify DVLA (online) of your new address. A replacement licence will be sent to you free of charge at the new address.

In all cases with house moves, it is recommended that you set up a royal mail redirection for a short time so that even if you've informed most companies of your address change, organisations that you've forgotten about can still reach you.

For those who have already moved house, you should have already notified DVLA before your test, so that you turn up with the new address on your licence. Address changes on test are no longer possible. If you turn up for test having moved house and not informed DVLA, then your licence will be returned to you and if you pass, must send off a D1 form with your licence and pass certificate to get a full licence sent to your new address.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply.

For those who have already moved house, you should have already notified DVLA before your test, so that you turn up with the new address on your licence. Address changes on test are no longer possible. If you turn up for test having moved house and not informed DVLA, then your licence will be returned to you and if you pass, must send off a D1 form with your licence and pass certificate to get a full licence sent to your new address.

I guess I have to take this option. As I dont expect DVLA will send me the licence within one week.
It's annoying you cant change your address on test nowadays :frown:
Well lets hope I pass :smile: Thats the important part.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Can I ask whether it is possible, if I pass then I go online and change my address the following Monday.
Will DVLA send my new full licence to my new address?
This "new" licence thing is really annoying.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BabyMilo
Can I ask whether it is possible, if I pass then I go online and change my address the following Monday.
If you do that (assuming your keep your photocard after passing), you will get a PROVISIONAL licence sent to the new address. DVLA will not know about your test pass unless you send them the certificate.

If you surrender the licence to the examiner, you'll get a full licence sent to the old address.

You have the choice whether you surrender the licence to the examiner after a pass. The system works for most people; it's just awkward if you pass your test so close to a house move. Passing after moving would work out better.
Reply 5
I pass my theory test now i moved home what can i do can i practical test after can change my address

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending