The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

How long does it take to get your CAS letter?

I applied for Mechanical Engineering (BEng), and got a conditional offer. Having met my academic conditions, I sent the Uni my marksheets, and a day or two later my place was confirmed on UCAS. Another condition on my offer letter was to pay 1/3rd of my fees; so I did this, and informed the Uni, as stated on this page http://www.coventry.ac.uk/international-students-hub/new-students/courses-and-fees/how-to-pay.

It's been almost a week now, and I haven't received any acknowledgement from them. Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Zagadoria
I applied for Mechanical Engineering (BEng), and got a conditional offer. Having met my academic conditions, I sent the Uni my marksheets, and a day or two later my place was confirmed on UCAS. Another condition on my offer letter was to pay 1/3rd of my fees; so I did this, and informed the Uni, as stated on this page http://www.coventry.ac.uk/international-students-hub/new-students/courses-and-fees/how-to-pay.

It's been almost a week now, and I haven't received any acknowledgement from them. Any advice?

Shouldn't take long, it will be better to call them and find out. I work in admissions in another university and we are issuing CAS letters in 3-4 days ( for China). Coventry has problems at the moment because 10 people left the international office in the last month !!!
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
As a staff member of the International Office at Coventry University I can absolutely without certainty refute that Coventry has problems and at all times we adhere to our standard 2 day service level agreement. If you have met all of your conditions of your offer and the payment has been received into our bank account we will issue your CAS within 2 working days. As this is a public forum I wouldn't ask you for your application number but should you contact the International admissions office on +44 (0)24 7615 2152 we will be more than happy to look into any delay that has caused dissatisfaction. The person who left the above comment clearly works for a rival University and has no such foundation for their claims.
Reply 3
Original post by Zagadoria

Hi there,
Sorry to hear you have been having problems. Has this been resolved now? If not if you can direct message us your personal details including full name on application, UCAS number and Student ID/Application number, I will chase this up for you.
- Josh
Reply 4
Hello!!
I am having the same issue since i met all conditions 20days ago and still i did not get my CAS, and it will impact my visa appointement since it is hard to get one here in Morocco, so would you please help me since i have been contacting thr university via mail and still they did not give me a straight forward answer about the cas issuing date
hey..same problem here
Which university did you apply for?I applies to university of east london for CAS but they didnt reply...its benn 7or 8 days...Im confused...
Did you receive your CAS ???
Still waiting for me CAS letter.
Hi there!I’ve been waiting for my CAS for at least a month and it just driving me mad, because the course had already started and I still don’t have CAS. When I was writing emails and calling to the office in Oxford Brookes University I never received any information that would have helped. All I had so far is 4 recommendations to defer my entry until the next year.
Reply 10
Mine is over 20 days. Still no reply from the college
Hi, also experiencing same thing .I already made payment ( 1/3) , submitted all documents, just yet I to receive my CAS.
Original post by Stevens_kk
Hi, also experiencing same thing .I already made payment ( 1/3) , submitted all documents, just yet I to receive my CAS.

Hello, have you received a proper response yet?
It took me a month in the last year.
I have been waiting for my CAS letter to be issued for the past 12 days now school has already started this week. I'm scared
Reply 15
I’ve been waiting for my CAS now for over a month. They keep saying I have SAP problems But will be resolved soon. Anyone knows what that means?
Reply 16
Original post by hardyshi89623
It took me a month in the last year.

But you finally got it, right?
I haven’t received my UCAS from University of Bedfordshire, it’s been over a month now. No proper response from the university. All they say is we will look into it. Any help would be appreciated
Reply 18
I haven't received CAS from Coventry University. Its been over almost one month. Can anyone tell me how much time required for university to release CAS..
Reply 19
Original post by Umar ch
I haven't received CAS from Coventry University. Its been over almost one month. Can anyone tell me how much time required for university to release CAS..

Have you now received CAS? I am waiting for 10 days now. They said my CAS has been created but need to go through quality or double check and will be sending to me by the end of next week. It sounds so funny to me as by 12/1 (which means end of next week) is CAS deadline.

Latest