The Student Room Group

Smile

When you're in your teens, life can be so so hard and your emotions can get the better of you. Hormones make things difficult and situations arrise that we don't know how to handle. People come and people go, bad things happen and good things too. Truly devastating events occur and through it all... we find the strength to go on, to get out of bed in the morning.

You are not alone.

Look around, this forum is packed full of people feeling just like you, feeling like a loser, feeling ugly, ashamed, lonely, depressed, people dying.

For all of you who feel like this, and this means everyone; Smile, you are not alone.

Because here you are, getting on with things, living and breathing still despite whatever you're going through. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for.

People who have battled hard times and seen awful things and carry on are the kind of people who make the world go round, they go on to be stronger and better.

And through these hard times, when nothing is making you feel better and nothing seems possible;

You are never alone.

Scroll to see replies

"Truly devastating" is when your buddy gets killed when on patrol in Iraq, or when your father dies of cancer... I agree with the fact that adolescents go through tough times, but on the whole "being ugly" is better than losing your best friend to suicide.

Otherwise, good post! But... why anon? :confused: I'd have liked to rep you.
Reply 2
Truly devastating and feling ugly will happen to everyone. I'm not saying they're the same by any means, just that everyone feels sad at some point in their lives.

On varying scales, but nobodys sadness is any more or less important.
Reply 3
That's a good post indeed - no need for you to have gone under that shield of anonymity. :smile: In fact, it reflects a certain level of maturity and realisation that we all hope to see in everyone else around us.
Beautiful indeed.

Though, there's something to be said for those who don't wish to be praised for their deeds.
You sir/madam are completely right. I want to rep you but I can't!!! :tsr2:
Reply 6
Anonymous
When you're in your teens, life can be so so hard and your emotions can get the better of you. Hormones make things difficult and situations arrise that we don't know how to handle. People come and people go, bad things happen and good things too. Truly devastating events occur and through it all... we find the strength to go on, to get out of bed in the morning.

You are not alone.

Look around, this forum is packed full of people feeling just like you, feeling like a loser, feeling ugly, ashamed, lonely, depressed, people dying.

For all of you who feel like this, and this means everyone; Smile, you are not alone.

Because here you are, getting on with things, living and breathing still despite whatever you're going through. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for.

People who have battled hard times and seen awful things and carry on are the kind of people who make the world go round, they go on to be stronger and better.

And through these hard times, when nothing is making you feel better and nothing seems possible;

You are never alone.

Excuse whilst I retrieve my stomach from across the room. Ricky Gervais ought to create a character based on this post.
Sweet and true :smile:
Anonymous
Truly devastating and feling ugly will happen to everyone. I'm not saying they're the same by any means, just that everyone feels sad at some point in their lives.

On varying scales, but nobodys sadness is any more or less important.

presecely nothing could be worse.
Love the post!
I hate it when people tell me to smile.

I'll smile when i'm happy thanks!
Reply 11
Your sentiment is shared and not lost on me. Life is a beautiful thing but also abrasive and painful in equal measure. Hurt when you need to, but be happy for the most part. Often a simple smile can make someone's day. People are stronger than they realise.
Reply 12
u should be an MP, u talk more sense than Bush lol
If this thread became any more clicheed it would become a poem in The Gallery.
Reply 14
kylie88
u should be an MP, u talk more sense than Bush lol

I didn't realise Bush was an MP, thanks for sharing that. :p:

OT:

Are you feeling better now?
Reply 15
Fluent in Lies
If this thread became any more clicheed it would become a poem in The Gallery.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of sentiment on a Sunday :wink:
I think most people will be waking up about now ill enough as it is...
Reply 17
Fluent in Lies
I think most people will be waking up about now ill enough as it is...

I've already nursed my hangover (water, mug of tea, a shower and a fry up work wonders) and the sentiment is quite refreshing compared to most of the dribble people seem to think requires attention in H&R.
I bet the op works for the manufacturers of those motivational work posters.

'dare to dream' etc.
Reply 19
Crimson Black
"Truly devastating" is when your buddy gets killed when on patrol in Iraq, or when your father dies of cancer... I agree with the fact that adolescents go through tough times, but on the whole "being ugly" is better than losing your best friend to suicide.

Otherwise, good post! But... why anon? :confused: I'd have liked to rep you.

Um... it was me Crimson. Really, it was. :p:

Latest