The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ive got 8 exams next week... 2 geog on moday ( goin 2 cram on sunday for that!) ... 2 bio on tuesday (AQA).. then P1 on wednesday...then 2 chemistry(ocr salters) on thurs and then a fun S1 exam on friday :frown:
Reply 41
SiAnY
OMG you have chemistry too! That is horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.
Anyway, i've done loaaaadddds of bio notes too but i still have *counts* at least five sections left! Geeez!

You don;t do the same syllabus as me for biology but what does your exam cover on tuesday? Mine is exchange and transport, energy, and ecosytems. Well thats the short book title for it :smile:
Reply 42
spikeyguru
ive got 8 exams next week... 2 geog on moday ( goin 2 cram on sunday for that!) ... 2 bio on tuesday (AQA).. then P1 on wednesday...then 2 chemistry(ocr salters) on thurs and then a fun S1 exam on friday :frown:

Thats one horrible week! Are you retaking the first salters unit? I havn't revised chemistry yet and i think i desperatley need to. I crammed for the last unit but it didnt work out great.
Reply 43
I think the biology and chemistry exams are too close together; theres a day and 1/2 between them :eek: luckily 4 days between chemistry and physics.

spikeyguru you have my sympathy
Ramaya
You don;t do the same syllabus as me for biology but what does your exam cover on tuesday? Mine is exchange and transport, energy, and ecosytems. Well thats the short book title for it :smile:

I have Transport (20%): Heart, Mammalian Transport System, Plants' Transport
and...
Human Health and Disease (30%): Health and Disease, Diet, Gaseous Exchange and Exercise, Smoking and Disease, Immunity and Infectious Diseases.
Reply 45
LS.
I think the biology and chemistry exams are too close together; theres a day and 1/2 between them :eek: luckily 4 days between chemistry and physics.

spikeyguru you have my sympathy

Theres 17 1/2 hours between geography and biology exams! Gee that leaves me ages to revise biology last minute... I guess its not as bad as having two different subjects on the same day, which i some know people have :frown:
Reply 46
SiAnY
I have Transport (20%): Heart, Mammalian Transport System, Plants' Transport
and...
Human Health and Disease (30%): Health and Disease, Diet, Gaseous Exchange and Exercise, Smoking and Disease, Immunity and Infectious Diseases.

You have interesting topics, disease sounds interesting! (but then again it sounds hard) I don't like my syllabus.
Ramaya
You have interesting topics, disease sounds interesting! (but then again it sounds hard) I don't like my syllabus.

Immunity is the hardest section. And i haven't even looked at Exercsise yet. Uh-oh.
Reply 48
SiAnY
Immunity is the hardest section. And i haven't even looked at Exercsise yet. Uh-oh.

Well the good news is theres still another six-ish days to master it. In five days time i'll be very worried.
Ramaya
Well the good news is theres still another six-ish days to master it. In five days time i'll be very worried.

Me too :frown:
200 dizzy
is anyone else really stressing about as biology only started by revision today and dont think i have enough time to revise it

Just work hard and do your best. If you do badly, you can always resit a module, or even all three modules, next year. Good luck.
Reply 51
SiAnY

it might help you to draw some spider webs showing the different types of cells involved in immunology and what they do and produce/differentiate into.
eg phagocytes: macrophages, neutrophils
lymphocytes: u get B and T -> Thelper and Tkiller cells

or whatever it is..heh i can hardly remember that module now. thankgod for modular exams. i dont think i could ever do a 3 hour exam at the end of the 2 years like they used to.
Reply 52
lol thanx for the sympathy guys. im not retaking any salters units, these will be the first ones i hav done. they've changed it now havnt they, no medicine crap in there...
hihihihi

or whatever it is..heh i can hardly remember that module now. thankgod for modular exams. i dont think i could ever do a 3 hour exam at the end of the 2 years like they used to.

That.would.be.hell.
Reply 54
Greendaygirl
Theres enough time you just have to revise what you dont know and go over what you dont understand.Im doing Module 1 again.To revise it this is what ive done.

1)Have a pack of past papers, which you can download(providing you doing aqa)
2) Go through the papers without notes
3) Get the mark sheme of the internet and mark what you got right.
4)Put in your corrections in a different colour.
5)Look back in your notes and read over them or make additional notes on the topic you dont understand.

This way you get good exam practice and you learn only what you need to know.Good luck You could easily do a module in a day. :smile:

Yeah you can definitely cover a module in a day, i have covered almost 3 modules in a week but the downfall of that is now i'm sick :frown:
Reply 55
Buy yourself a blue revise as biology book from edexcel......and make notes....Im doing a resit of module 1 (also edexcel.....) Get some past papers.
Reply 56
sbjvv
Buy yourself a blue revise as biology book from edexcel......and make notes....Im doing a resit of module 1 (also edexcel.....) Get some past papers.

For Edexcel, the CGP books are actually really helpful! I know they do them for the other exam boards too but obviously i havn't purchased them :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending