The Student Room Group

Hoping to apply, need help from other applicants/current students

Hey guys!
I'm really interested in computer science after attending taster sessions, however I'm afraid that my grades aren't competitive enough to get into some competitive universites

AS GRADES (i think due to unofficial mark schemes) - BBBB
Econ, maths, physics, bio (dropping bio)

I was wondering will my conditional offer I receive vary due to my predicted grades

For example if i was predicted AAA but I could've chosen to be predicted AAB would they just offer me the highest grades possible

Aswell as that, does anyone have any good recommendations on what universities I should apply to? I think i'll only be able to achieve ABB comfortably but if i really put in the hours I could get AAB

Any advice would be appreciated! e.g personal statement tips tailored for computer science
Original post by kingLAWZA
Hey guys!
I'm really interested in computer science after attending taster sessions, however I'm afraid that my grades aren't competitive enough to get into some competitive universites

AS GRADES (i think due to unofficial mark schemes) - BBBB
Econ, maths, physics, bio (dropping bio)

I was wondering will my conditional offer I receive vary due to my predicted grades

For example if i was predicted AAA but I could've chosen to be predicted AAB would they just offer me the highest grades possible

Aswell as that, does anyone have any good recommendations on what universities I should apply to? I think i'll only be able to achieve ABB comfortably but if i really put in the hours I could get AAB

Any advice would be appreciated! e.g personal statement tips tailored for computer science

Most schools give predictions based on AS grades ... so you need to look at courses with lower grade requirements.
Apply to Manchester, probably one of the best universities for computer science and also relatively lenient towards applicants...I think
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Most schools give predictions based on AS grades ... so you need to look at courses with lower grade requirements.

do you have any idea of which courses are the most competitive? I saw kings is AAB which is achievable but is a 7:1 ratio /:
Reply 4
Original post by lllllllllll
Apply to Manchester, probably one of the best universities for computer science and also relatively lenient towards applicants...I think

saw AAA and instantly closed the window xD
do you have any idea of which courses are the most competitive? I saw kings is AAB which is achievable but is a 7:1 ratio /:

No I don't.

I was just commenting on predictions as most schools need to make them accurate and in line with AS grades or they aren't believed.
saw AAA and instantly closed the window xD

Relax, they're just saying that to give the impression that they're more prestigious, after all they are at competition against other universities :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending