The Student Room Group

Peter Symonds College 2015

Just wondering if anyone is going to Peter Symonds College in Winchester this year??
No, you're the only one. Enjoy the one to one tuition, you might be a bit bored though....
I am going ! , what subjects are you taking ? :smile:
My taster day is on the first . I am taking classics , photography , religious studies , biology or philosophy . My name is Isabella , hopefuly I will see you in September ! :-)
How did you find the taster day ?
I was at Symonds from 2011-13, feel free to ask me any questions if you want :smile: It's a really great college, I'm sure you'll all really enjoy it :smile:

(Just one bit of advice, if you want good grades you do need to push yourself and make the most of all the workshops etc. available - there is a lot more responsibility on you for your own learning)
Original post by dragonkeeper999
I was at Symonds from 2011-13, feel free to ask me any questions if you want :smile: It's a really great college, I'm sure you'll all really enjoy it :smile:

(Just one bit of advice, if you want good grades you do need to push yourself and make the most of all the workshops etc. available - there is a lot more responsibility on you for your own learning)

Hello, was the taster day anything like the real thing , also what do you mean by workshops ?
Original post by Floral-Eden
Hello, was the taster day anything like the real thing , also what do you mean by workshops ?

Kind of, I think in the Chemistry one we learnt about a topic that was part of the A level syllabus, can't remember all that much about the other subjects tbh...

Workshops are held most lunchtimes, depending on the department - maths/ chemistry do them every lunchtime, I seem to remember Physics had them at random times during the day that always clashed with my lessons, although lots of us complained so they may have changed that since. Basically, there's a teacher and some A2 students there to help answer your questions - often people go along to them to do their homework, so they can ask for help as they go along :smile: Be prepared to fight for seats in the Maths ones, get there early...
Reply 8
yeah I'm going - I'm doing maths, economics, english lit and lang and modern history :smile:
I am doing modern history too ! What is your name ?
Reply 10
Original post by Floral-Eden
I am doing modern history too ! What is your name ?

Hi! I'm Emily - hopefully I'll see you around
Hey everybody! My name is Niall but most people call me Kanemyass, and I'm a second year at your college, so how are you guys finding Peter Symonds?

And do any of you support Arsenal?
I'm hopefully going to Peter Symonds next year, I am currently in Year 11.
Reply 13
Original post by PennedDown
I'm hopefully going to Peter Symonds next year, I am currently in Year 11.

It's a really great college from what I've experienced so far! The support is so good and everybody is just so lovely - it's incredibly different from school.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 14
How's everyone doing at Symonds? :smile:
How are you finding Modern History? I've chosen it as an option over Early History - are you glad you chose it?

Quick Reply

Latest