The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

ECONOMICS royal holloway VS city VS reading

Guys please help me to decide which university I should choose for economics course? Reputation and location are very important for me. What can you say about these universities?
Hello!

Unfortunately I do not know anything specific about the Economics course at Reading but can tell you about the campus and the uni in general!

The campus is huge and very green and kind of feels like a student town in itself. There are lots of things going on on campus from sports and various events. The union runs two clubs nights weekly which are the biggest nights out in Reading, as well as a weekly pub quiz, karaoke and a comedy night that runs fortnightly. Of course there are many other events that run throughout the year such as the culture show, movie nights, themed balls and a series of events that run during exam time to help de stress (the mobile farm is very popular). To check the full list of sports and societies click on this link- http://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/. On campus there is everything you need really, with a groceries shop, South Korean store, many cafes/canteens, bars, bookshop, bubble tea bar, hairdressers and even a bank.

Reading town is pleasant too. There is a shopping centre, a cinema and many cafes, restaurants and bars. There are some really nice places to go to for eating or drinking that are independent. There are also many clubs too so there is no shortage of choice! Other events do run such as comedy nights, music events with special guests and mini festivals. The transport links are great too if you wanted to visit other places in the UK- London is only 30 minutes away. You can get a bus from town straight into campus, walk (25mins) or take a bike.

As for the services and support the university gives, there are many workshops, classes and help available. There are classes that can help you with maths as well as training classes for particular software and workshops to do with your course, career prospects and wellbeing. Guest speakers visit the university too whether it be to do with your course or just an interesting topic! I've had no problems going to my professors for help and have really benefitted from all the support.

Do you have any specific questions about the university or town?
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest