The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Engineering Foundation course competitiveness

Hi
i've got an offer for civil engineering with foundation but i'm worried that i will just come short off the offer. How competitive are these courses at Birmingham? thanks in advance for your help
Original post by CocoLoco521
Hi
i've got an offer for civil engineering with foundation but i'm worried that i will just come short off the offer. How competitive are these courses at Birmingham? thanks in advance for your help

Is that at University of Birmingham? If so, are you an international student? Because I'm sure you have to be an international student xD to get an offer for the foundation year.

Getting back to your question, it depends how short you fall
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Incubator
Is that at University of Birmingham? If so, are you an international student? Because I'm sure you have to be an international student xD to get an offer for the foundation year.

The University of Birmingham run foundation courses for uk students too, although mainly engineering courses and i think i may miss out by one grade
Original post by CocoLoco521
The University of Birmingham run foundation courses for uk students too, although mainly engineering courses and i think i may miss out by one grade

Do they?! Damn... I was going to apply for the Foundation year at Birmingham but was told it was only for International students. I'm going to Manchester to do Civil Engineering lol
Reply 4
Original post by Incubator

The foundation year for international students at Birmingham is completely different to the ones for UK students. I don't think it's run at the university as well, I think I read it's at some Birmingham academy place. Whereas the ones for UK students are sort of part of the degree as in "engineering w/ integrated foundation year".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending