The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nohomo
I want to moved out.should I? dad just found my fleshlight after cleaning alcohol induced puke off floor.got £26,999 I'm my Names

Do you have any income other than that? As i dont think youd get housing benefit due to having that amount, so rent plus bills and food, it wont last forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Oh hun, it sounds so hard! Im sorry your mums so awful at the whole feelings, and that cant help matters at all :jumphug: wish i could suggest something

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks hun, I appreciate it :lovehug: feel lost but trying not to think about it too much
Found out something that has made me feel more anxious about college...

:cry2: :hide:
I just cried because I couldn't work out how to put the duvet in the duvet cover. I had a long side and a short side and couldn't get my head around matching them to the cover. I'm such a ****ing loser.
managed to ruin a trip this week and currently feeling like ****. I'm just such an awful person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midnightmemories
Found out something that has made me feel more anxious about college...

:cry2: :hide:

Wanna share so we can help calm your worries?

Original post by Sabertooth
I just cried because I couldn't work out how to put the duvet in the duvet cover. I had a long side and a short side and couldn't get my head around matching them to the cover. I'm such a ****ing loser.

I normally resort to turning it inside out, putting the whole thing over my head like an upside down seeping bag, then grabbing the corners of the duvet through the duvet cover. Looks stupid but is 100% effective! :smile:

Original post by Odd socks
managed to ruin a trip this week and currently feeling like ****. I'm just such an awful person
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww :frown: I'm sure there will be future trips :smile:

:hugs: to one and all!
Original post by Danno190
I normally resort to turning it inside out, putting the whole thing over my head like an upside down seeping bag, then grabbing the corners of the duvet through the duvet cover. Looks stupid but is 100% effective! :smile:

I usually have no problem with it but today, damn, I just couldn't work out how to match long side with long side. :/

How are you doing? You gonna go to the doc about what you posted here the other day?
I usually have no problem with it but today, damn, I just couldn't work out how to match long side with long side. :/

How are you doing? You gonna go to the doc about what you posted here the other day?

I know it might not be appropriate, but laughing about one's own mistakes, no matter how small or insignificant, can help :smile: It's just a duvet cover at the end of the day.

And yeah, got an appointment booked for the 8th. Not had any night time floating heads the last couple of days which is good, but had several anxiety/paranoia type attacks thinking people were talking/grumbling about me, and was listening to Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit at work when it wasn't even playing :/ Not good. Going to get to writing down a list of symptoms ready for seeing the Doc as I often forget to mention everything when I go to see them about something.
I know it might not be appropriate, but laughing about one's own mistakes, no matter how small or insignificant, can help :smile: It's just a duvet cover at the end of the day.

And yeah, got an appointment booked for the 8th. Not had any night time floating heads the last couple of days which is good, but had several anxiety/paranoia type attacks thinking people were talking/grumbling about me, and was listening to Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit at work when it wasn't even playing :/ Not good. Going to get to writing down a list of symptoms ready for seeing the Doc as I often forget to mention everything when I go to see them about something.

Tbh I'd usually let it go a bit faster but that "would you date someone with a mental illness" thread kind of got to me. :colondollar:

Seeing your doctor sounds like a step in the right direction, man. :five: Sorry to hear about those symptoms you're experiencing though. I went to the supermarket earlier and had a lot of paranoid thoughts about the other people too - definitely relate to you there. :console: What helps me is to ask someone I totally trust to tell me whether they see/hear the same as me. But I guess that doesn't really help you if you don't have someone you can reality-test on readily available.
It's just been a really wrong week for me.

My mind just feels pathetic at the moment, ruminating over some nonsense, again and again. I just want to be the strong independent girl i used to be.

gotta fix up before my course starts.
Tbh I'd usually let it go a bit faster but that "would you date someone with a mental illness" thread kind of got to me. :colondollar:

Seeing your doctor sounds like a step in the right direction, man. :five: Sorry to hear about those symptoms you're experiencing though. I went to the supermarket earlier and had a lot of paranoid thoughts about the other people too - definitely relate to you there. :console: What helps me is to ask someone I totally trust to tell me whether they see/hear the same as me. But I guess that doesn't really help you if you don't have someone you can reality-test on readily available.

Yeah, some people on there were bang on. Others not really sympathetic/understanding enough. I tapped out a big long reply a couple of hours ago but it got too angry so I didn't post it in the end. Oh, and not to just mention the wording of the title. Real putter-downer or what.

I currently work in a supermarket so, uh, yeah. Some people I know are very critical of everyone. Doesn't help though when you're looking at the world through grey tinted glasses, so to speak. Especially when you're trying to work out if you're just imagining what they could be thinking about you, or actually thinking "they think x about me". Because the music thing happened at work, in the end I just convinced myself that it was just "background noise" alongside whatever was actually on the radio at that moment (some special offer or something), screaming kids, etc. Didn't really feel like turning round to the customer I was serving and asking them if they could hear hippy music :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, some people on there were bang on. Others not really sympathetic/understanding enough. I tapped out a big long reply a couple of hours ago but it got too angry so I didn't post it in the end. Oh, and not to just mention the wording of the title. Real putter-downer or what.

I currently work in a supermarket so, uh, yeah. Some people I know are very critical of everyone. Doesn't help though when you're looking at the world through grey tinted glasses, so to speak. Especially when you're trying to work out if you're just imagining what they could be thinking about you, or actually thinking "they think x about me". Because the music thing happened at work, in the end I just convinced myself that it was just "background noise" alongside whatever was actually on the radio at that moment (some special offer or something), screaming kids, etc. Didn't really feel like turning round to the customer I was serving and asking them if they could hear hippy music :tongue:

Yup. Wanted to post the 1 in 4 statistic but really cba to get into a debate with some of those neanderthals.

Hmm that makes things more difficult. :beard: I guess asking someone is not really something you could easily do without coming across as...well yeah. With the music could you try asking someone "I like this song, do you know who it's by?" maybe that way you'll know if you're both hearing the same?
(edited 8 years ago)
Ugh. Feeling really ****; had a small flashback. My dad found it ****ing hilarious for some stupid reason. I really don't understand him.

Suposed to be going to central London today, still haven't left. :s-smilie:
:h::u::biggrin::p:
Hi guisse!
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sure you didnt at all :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

will give that a try next time it happens.

woke up this morning to a "bad person" standing in my room. No idea who they were, male female or whatever. They were wearing a black and yellow hooded robe and just gave off the badness vibe. Had to roll over and wait 20 minutes or so before I could check they had gone before I could get up. I know now they weren't really there but at the time was quite vivid :frown:
How is everyone? Had my first two sessions of CBT, both over the phone-not as good as talking to someone face to face/I had to answer loads of "on a scale of" questions so it seems pretty mechanical and formulaic but hope as I say it's better face to face, which will be a week Wednesday.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
How is everyone? Had my first two sessions of CBT, both over the phone-not as good as talking to someone face to face/I had to answer loads of "on a scale of" questions so it seems pretty mechanical and formulaic but hope as I say it's better face to face, which will be a week Wednesday.

That sounds like a general first session, finding out about you rather than a therepy session.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm feeling so depressed and uncertain about future
I can't face another year of being unemployed with no friends doing my stupid lame boring voluntary job and same weekly routine of going voluntary job on Wednesday morning, seeing graham at weekend, going to poxy job club on a Tuesday and piss assing about cos I have no friends. There's absolute sod alll to do my area unless you are under 15, Over 65-80+, a toddler or like getting pissed all day every day or if you have a learning disability there are clubs and things to do if you are unemployed and an average adult there's nothing to in Essex. There's only so much books a girl can read, day time TV to watch or go shopping

I need this uni course to save my life from being another wasteless exercise in staying alive and surviving

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iloveteddy14
I'm feeling so depressed and uncertain about future
I can't face another year of being unemployed with no friends doing my stupid lame boring voluntary job and same weekly routine of going voluntary job on Wednesday morning, seeing graham at weekend, going to poxy job club on a Tuesday and piss assing about cos I have no friends. There's absolute sod alll to do my area unless you are under 15, Over 65-80+, a toddler or like getting pissed all day every day or if you have a learning disability there are clubs and things to do if you are unemployed and an average adult there's nothing to in Essex. There's only so much books a girl can read, day time TV to watch or go shopping

I need this uni course to save my life from being another wasteless exercise in staying alive and surviving

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm, sure uni is the only way out? You are probably able to change your life without uni. Are there no sports clubs? I mean, Essex is quite a big area and there must be something out there. The problem is, if you focus to much on uni, you might end up in the same position again. I am just wondering, because employed people also hang around and not everybody has a family from early on.

Latest