The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
They didn't give me the award for 'most creative use of smileys' for nothing!!! :pierre:

:hugs:

You need to give me lessons. I'm useless at them. :yep:
Original post by CescaD96
You need to give me lessons. I'm useless at them. :yep:

Maybe I should institute the alliteratively-titled Shan School of Smileys :awesome: :smartass: :yep:
They didn't give me the award for 'most creative use of smileys' for nothing!!! :pierre:

:hugs:

PRSOM :smile:
Reply 23
Maybe I should institute the alliteratively-titled Shan School of Smileys :awesome: :smartass: :yep:

I ask to be your first student. :tongue:
I ask to be your first student. :tongue:

Your wish is my command! :h: Anyone else wish to enrol? :biggrin:

(Jokes. There's no need to set up a school. Once you've been on TSR as long as I have, you get familiar with lots of smileys and memorise the codes to save time :tongue: )
Reply 25
Your wish is my command! :h: Anyone else wish to enrol? :biggrin:

(Jokes. There's no need to set up a school. Once you've been on TSR as long as I have, you get familiar with lots of smileys and memorise the codes to save time :tongue: )

after 4 months solid on here all I know is this:

:smile: :redface: :tongue: :wink: :woo: :getmecoat: :jumphug: :yep: :lovehug: :rolleyes: :h: :colonhash: :angry: :frown: :penguinhug: :animal: :biggrin: :colondollar: :console: :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)
Urgh. So, I'm away camping in France next week with a friend and some of his friends, one of whom I'm due to meet tomorrow for the first time to pick my stuff. (it's cheaper and quicker to do that than fly with camping stuff)

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I've realised how much of a problem it's going to be.

OCD really sucks. Probably going to have to use that horrible hand gel stuff, which I really can't stand. :frown:

I am also currently and failing badly trying to explain what help I need from him.
I am worried I am developing mild OCD. Everything has to be straight if I see it lop-sided,
Subbing for thread :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I am worried I am developing mild OCD. Everything has to be straight if I see it lop-sided,

I'm like that too but that's part of my OCPD.
Reply 30
Original post by OU Student
Urgh. So, I'm away camping in France next week with a friend and some of his friends, one of whom I'm due to meet tomorrow for the first time to pick my stuff. (it's cheaper and quicker to do that than fly with camping stuff)

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I've realised how much of a problem it's going to be.

OCD really sucks. Probably going to have to use that horrible hand gel stuff, which I really can't stand. :frown:

I am also currently and failing badly trying to explain what help I need from him.

Have you tried a foam hand gel? I prefer those.
I'm like that too but that's part of my OCPD.

Ahh :smile: Hopefully I grow out of it-it could just mean I like being organised!
Have you tried a foam hand gel? I prefer those.

I didn't know you could buy them.
Could you edit my OP and add in the links? TSR keeps crashing everytime I try to add them. :frown: Thank you. :smile:

Done it now :smile:

If anyone has anything else to go in there that might be useful feel free to tag/quote me and I'll add it in- @superwolf did you have some amazing list of distractions at some point or am I just making it up?

Also.... new thread! :woo:
:woo: New Thread :woo:

:animal: We're a very friendly bunch, though be careful of a resident wolf, it can get over excited at times! :animal:
(Though we all can get over excited at times!)

Messages and Helpful Advice

Moodgym is a free online CBT program for people with anxiety and depression.

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health? Use this great tool here to help you prepare! Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

Confidentiality Rules

If you speak to a doctor, teacher, tutor or another adult about a mental health problem, then they are legally bound to not tell anyone including your parents unless you are a danger to yourself or other people. This will generally only happen if you are actively suicidal or at risk of actively hurting someone else, they will generally not tell anyone if you self harm, however they will possibly have follow up meetings with you.
If the person you tell feels they do need to talk to someone else about the situation, then they will usually tell you first, and go through the process of who they will tell and why with you, so no one will be told if you are not happy with the decision.

Moderation Message

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society, to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please also be mindful that there are users with a range of mental illnesses including eating disorders viewing this thread and spoiler any potentially triggering content, especially relating to food, weight and abuse. This can be done by adding the tags [noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse]

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

- We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

Please note that intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread. If you see a post containing intolerance or discrimination, please use the report function to bring it to our attention, and please refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask the Community Team, and someone will reply to you as soon as possible.

OP could you copy/paste this into the first post? :smile:
Feeling a little better tonight... Hopefully certain stuff doesn't happen again tonight. :hide:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Feeling a little better tonight... Hopefully certain stuff doesn't happen again tonight. :hide:

Fingers crossed :smile:
Wooo new thread :smile:
Howdy everyone and hope you're all well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Wooo new thread :smile:
Howdy everyone and hope you're all well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hi: Welcome to the new thread.
new thread time :woo: :party:

Latest