The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'd say wait at least til you've moved to this other place and have bank accounts sorted, etc. Then you can really have a good go at finding positives about the year abroad. Health must always comes first though so if it all becomes too much, there's no shame in going back :hugs:

I'm just hoping it'll pass soon. I think it's because I'm not busy enough right now, it's giving me too much time to think.
@OU Student and @The_Lonely_Goatherd

How odd, it lets me tag one of you but not the other...

Original post by OU Student
x

[QUOTE="The_Lonely_Goatherd;59794303"] x /QUOTE]
Original post by Sabertooth
That's actually a really good idea. Thanks! :biggrin:

Uni situation...I did the exam universities look at on saturday and I know I did **** on the maths section but I'm hoping my English section will pull the grade up. :crossedf:

Sorry to hear you're still getting downs. Did you say before that you've started CBT recently? (sorry if that was someone else)

Ah fingers crossed for the English section then. Do you feel like you're better at Maths than English generally?

Well CBT was for health anxiety and maybe trying to get me out and about. But we both agreed that won't be enough to sort me out and I'll need a fair bit of support afterwards so looking into other types of therapy and stuff will see what happens and what state I'm in come the end of the sessions. Hate the fact there's a limit of 20.
Original post by Airmed
No, you haven't invalidated my view whatsoever, you make some excellent points, I'm just a cynical, pessimistic eejit. :tongue: You're right though, everyone does deserve a second chance.

Being cynical is definitely a strength - I'm too trusting, I need to be more cynical in certain situations haha

How's uni going
Trying to do my mindfulness exercises for mental health course tomorrow, finding it hard :frown:
Trying to do my mindfulness exercises for mental health course tomorrow, finding it hard :frown:

I can sympathise, I'm really bad at that sort of thing :frown: keep at it, it'll become so much easier with time!
Original post by abruiseonthesky
I can sympathise, I'm really bad at that sort of thing :frown: keep at it, it'll become so much easier with time!

Thanks. If I want to be fully caught up with everyone else, I have another 9 exercises to do tonight, each one 10 mins long :hide:
Thanks. If I want to be fully caught up with everyone else, I have another 9 exercises to do tonight, each one 10 mins long :hide:

Oh God, good luck! At least you can take solace in the fact that you have one more hour before bed than me, as I'm a timezone ahead? :P
Reply 4468
Original post by bullettheory
Being cynical is definitely a strength - I'm too trusting, I need to be more cynical in certain situations haha

How's uni going

I'm trusting too, to an extent. But only with certain people. :tongue:

The last 2 weeks haven't been the best, tbh. :frown: People's habits, they're getting to me, especially cleaning.
Original post by Airmed
I'm trusting too, to an extent. But only with certain people. :tongue:

The last 2 weeks haven't been the best, tbh. :frown: People's habits, they're getting to me, especially cleaning.

Im gonna be one of them stupid people and say that time will hopefully make the stuff get better... :hide: You'll eventually get a little used to them (hopefully.) meaning that it hopefully won't get to you as much. :hugs:

Yeah, i know, awful advice... Feel free to hate me for it. :getmecoat:

--

Not looking forward to tomorrow... :hide:
:cry2:
They didn't give me the award for 'most creative use of smileys' for nothing!!! :pierre:

:hugs:
you get very award very shortly :tongue:
Here's a big introduction to me :smile:

Four years ago I was assaulted quite badly on my last day of work as result my work at university suffered, I couldn't attend lectures or seminars and lost interest and passion in my subject of education studies. As a result I developed severe panic attacks, couldn't leave the house and sadly my depression worsened. I was very unwell. I then decided to drop out of uni, I had no job, no friends (my friends from my previous schools and colleges I never saw anyway and my friends from uni forgot about me)

Then my mental health worsened and i wanted to so badly end it all, I couldn't cope anymore and was completely fed up, daily life became unbearable.

I then received a bill from the university in question (1500 part time degree) and then days later I got another bill from my last company another 1500 I owed them. My manager never put my resignation into HR, although I technically resigned legally my company were still paying me and it took an entire year for them to tell me.

It's now 2015, I still have severe depression that hasn't vanished, anxiety and PSTD, I'm still unemployed and looking for work. I'm on my third module with the OU and taking a levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pathway

Hey, I'm here if you need someone to talk to. :smile:

:hugs:
Original post by Pathway

Whoops, accidentally posted on Anon.
BuzzFeed doing a great piece on what it's like to have depression

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVideo/videos/1846014458872761/
Original post by Noodlzzz
BuzzFeed doing a great piece on what it's like to have depression

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVideo/videos/1846014458872761/

tbh I don't think that video even scratches the surface on depression. the weight, the burden, the suffocating darkness, the lack of hope, the inability to do even basic things. Everyone has negative thoughts about themselves and everyone would rather stay in bed at some point. can't say I could even relate to it very much despite 7 years of it, and if I hadn't got a clue what it was like to suffer I don't think that would have educated me. :confused:
Saw my GP today, she said if CMHT don't get back to me by the end of this week she's gonna harass them on Monday. Almost didn't go to the appointment, but I'm glad I did. She said she's gonna keep a close eye on me as she's concerned about my wellbeing, I feel kinda bad because I think I'm a waste of time. :frown:
Hi guys,

So so sorry I'm useless on here lately. So many people here have helped me so much and I feel bad that i'm not around to return the favour :frown: :hugs:

I am all over the place really, not sure what's going on in my brain. Food is being ridiculous and I just want to hide away.
Only been back in lectures 3 weeks and I'm already a week behind on notes and haven't even begun reading. Need a massive kick up the arse but I feel dead inside today. 100% knew moving away from home for second year of uni would be bad for me but i went and did it anyway. ****.

Latest