The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

That girl text me again today I think she is desperate to meet me as she randomly asked if I wanted to meet up today (but sadly didnt get text to hours after it was sent) and even wanted to come to see me rather than me get the bus to hers (only 7 miles but neither of us drive)
Original post by PandaWho
how rude of them for closing shops :tongue:
hope you get better soon! :hugs:

do you have smart trousers? casual top and smart trousers still ends up looking quite smart i find!

They're closed tomorrow but then all hell breaks loose on Friday. I will be skipping going shopping then! :afraid:

Yeah I do, think I'm gonna go for that look. Thanks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drbluebox
That girl text me again today I think she is desperate to meet me as she randomly asked if I wanted to meet up today (but sadly didnt get text to hours after it was sent) and even wanted to come to see me rather than me get the bus to hers (only 7 miles but neither of us drive)

I don't know the backstory to this but it sounds really positive!
Original post by Sabertooth
I don't know the backstory to this but it sounds really positive!

I wrote it in the controversial post yesterday, got her details on plentyoffish 2 months ago, been texting a few times a week and she is always positive and knows I am autistic and mentions her brother has it too so looks like she is finding someting to keep conversation going.

I text her Monday to ask if she wanted to meet up and she said that sounds good, but originally said wasnt sure when as next week she has painters and decorators in all week, and text me today out of the blue to ask if we could meet today but I didnt get text till 4 hours later so couldnt.
Original post by drbluebox
I wrote it in the controversial post yesterday, got her details on plentyoffish 2 months ago, been texting a few times a week and she is always positive and knows I am autistic and mentions her brother has it too so looks like she is finding someting to keep conversation going.

I text her Monday to ask if she wanted to meet up and she said that sounds good, but originally said wasnt sure when as next week she has painters and decorators in all week, and text me today out of the blue to ask if we could meet today but I didnt get text till 4 hours later so couldnt.

Aw that's a shame you didn't get the text, but it does sound very positive. Did you text her to apologize about not getting it?
feel so low atm. This is ****ing ridiculous, I don't know how to cope witth the PTSD anymore, it's ruining everything.
Original post by DrID
Just an FYI asthma is not a contraindication for benzodiazepines (of which temazepam is a member) so it would be still up to your GP and you to make a decision together on what's the best way forward. :smile:

Original post by PandaWho
sleeping pills can be VERY addictive, its really only a short term solution...

have you tried writing things down rather than thinking about them over and over? or writing a diary, or even counselling?

Thanks for your replies. I'm going try maybe doing a diary before bed and I'm currently doing CBT. If I try sleeping pills it'll only be for a short while to sort my sleeping patterns out. Tonight has been particularly bad; only had about half an hours sleep. I'm meant to be getting up in two and a half hours for my volunteer work but I'm considering not going in as I doubt I'll be able to function as I've had only a few hours sleep this past week. I'll feel gulity if I do though; especially as I was off three weeks ago (time before that, other than when I went to Dublin which they knew about was a month in advance, was back in July).

Spoiler

sighhhhh

recieved more abuse at work, well before work, was waiting to be picked up for work and my young people walked past and one of them shouted...

spoiler for abuse

Spoiler

sighhh
13.5 hours at work today, didn't seem that bad though for some reason. I was really panicky this morning too, thought i was gonna lose it at some point in the day, but got through it alright. As it often turns out (for me at least), the stressing out about stuff the day before was worse than actually going through it. And now i'm worrying about work tomorrow...even though i'll be fine again, well, i hope.

I must have seen the first ever person to admit he was under age today, and is just waitin until he's old enough to buy a vape setup, or so he said, i'll choose to believe it for now anyways, thinking some people are honest makes me happy. I wish more people were like that, instead of getting face on when asked for ID when they look 15, amongst a lot of other obvious things they don't seem to realise.

Bought some gum recently as i noticed i'm grinding my teeth when stressed, so rather than slowly destroying my teeth i'll just chew gum. It seems that when i get hold of my anxiety in one way, i start to develop habits to deal with newfound stress.
Original post by Meaty_man

Bought some gum recently as i noticed i'm grinding my teeth when stressed, so rather than slowly destroying my teeth i'll just chew gum. It seems that when i get hold of my anxiety in one way, i start to develop habits to deal with newfound stress.

I find gum does nothing for me. There are things you can buy (I have the dog tags) which you can chew. They're a bit tougher and last longer than chewing gum.
I had some trouble sleeping again last night so tried the suggestions of writing down things on my mind and it seemed to have helped. So thank you.
In the library reading a book about OCD and only three pages into the book and there's a Star Trek reference to how debilitating the condition is - "with this condition, many suffers say, as the famous Star Trek phrase goes, Resistance is Futile". This author is speaking my language! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I had some trouble sleeping again last night so tried the suggestions of writing down things on my mind and it seemed to have helped. So thank you.

Sometimes it's the simple things that help, it just isn't always to do them when you're feeling really low :hugs: I for one struggle with writing things :/

Anxiety/panic triggers
Been feeling on the verge of a panic attack for the last 2 hours...not sure how to get over it. Feel light headed, shakes, swarm of butterflies in stomach, can't think straight. Tried breathing exercises, think I'll have a herbal tea and try meditate when I get back.

I pray I get the over this sudden anxiety by tomorrow, I can't really get time off work, and I don't work very well when I feel I'm going to break.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saw a random masked man in my room earlier and then he vanished. Scared to move in case he comes back
Original post by OU Student
I find gum does nothing for me. There are things you can buy (I have the dog tags) which you can chew. They're a bit tougher and last longer than chewing gum.

Ooh, interesting, can't say i've heard of things like that before! I'll look into them, thanks :smile:
Ooh, interesting, can't say i've heard of things like that before! I'll look into them, thanks :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sensachew-Dog-Tag-Silver-Firm/dp/B006KP3P2Y/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1448650660&sr=8-7&keywords=sensachew Is what I have. They're a pricey; but they do work for me.
Sometimes it's the simple things that help, it just isn't always to do them when you're feeling really low :hugs: I for one struggle with writing things :/

Anxiety/panic triggers
Been feeling on the verge of a panic attack for the last 2 hours...not sure how to get over it. Feel light headed, shakes, swarm of butterflies in stomach, can't think straight. Tried breathing exercises, think I'll have a herbal tea and try meditate when I get back.

I pray I get the over this sudden anxiety by tomorrow, I can't really get time off work, and I don't work very well when I feel I'm going to break.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think thats why I hadnt tried it before sometimes I find it hard to write about my feelings too. How you feeling now?
Im so alone
Original post by Pathway
Im so alone

:hugs:

Latest