The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking maths, physics, chemistry, sociology, economics, General paper.
Original post by _Carmel_
I doubt I would be predicted all A*'s, it probably depends on as-level results as well. What are you taking at the moment? :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by HassanAftab

Nice, that's a lot! What are you applying for? :smile:
Geophysics and Geology or petroleum geoscience. Wby?
Geophysics and Geology or petroleum geoscience. Wby?

Awesome, I will apply for geophysics
Hey everyone!

I am a current Imperial College student so if anyone has any questions about Imperial or the application process feel free to ask. I am a member of the Life Sciences department so can help there in terms of the course itself but I can answer general questions about all of Imperial :smile:
Reply 25
Hi,I am from India..Could you help me with the exact requirements needed for Indian students interested in pursuing Chem eng at Imperial?Thank you.
Original post by zaybun
Heey,
Anyone applying for civil eng?

I am planning to apply for civil engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zaybun
Heey,
Anyone applying for civil eng?

mehhhh
Reply 28
Hi, I'm applying for Geology and possibly Petroleum :biggrin:
Reply 29
I'm applying for Medicine 😊
Hey

I've just finished studying AS maths, chemistry, biology and physics. I hope to study MSci Chemistry at Imperial College.
Original post by Munrot07
Hey everyone!

I am a current Imperial College student so if anyone has any questions about Imperial or the application process feel free to ask. I am a member of the Life Sciences department so can help there in terms of the course itself but I can answer general questions about all of Imperial :smile:

Hi,

I was just wondering what the public transport is like to Imperial from where you're staying. Would you say it's better to live somewhere cheaper but further from central London?
Reply 32
Did any of you go to the open day in June and if so what were your opinions on imperial as a whole ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Heisenberg___
Hi,

I was just wondering what the public transport is like to Imperial from where you're staying. Would you say it's better to live somewhere cheaper but further from central London?

Well for first year I lived in halls which were a 5 minute walk away from the campus.

I'm now living near Earl's court so it is a 15 minute walk or 2 stops on the tube. Public transport is great, loads of buses, bicycles everywhere if you like cycling. The tube can be a bit annoying if closed (which happens annoyingly regularly).

If you move further away and have to travel by transport just remember you have to think of travel costs which would be £2.30 if you live in zone 1 with a student oyster card. If you can find a place which is cheaper than somewhere close by when you include travel (which is possible) then go for it, which is what I would recommend. Property does get a lot cheaper when you leave the kensington area.
Mech Eng or aero anyone?
Hello,

I'm a dual French-US citizen studying a BS in Engineering Geosciences from an Ivy League university in the US with a projected 3.2/3.3 out of 4 GPA. Do I meet the entrance requirements for admittance for the MSc Pet Eng program? Do I still qualify for reduced tuition at Imperial as a dual citizen?
Hopefully applying for Computing :redface:
Is this for masters applications as well?
Original post by thecsstudent
Hopefully applying for Computing :redface:

Me too :smile: What subjects are you taking? and do you do any programming?
Original post by jimbobjenkins
Me too :smile: What subjects are you taking? and do you do any programming?

Great! :smile: I do IB and I have Maths, Physics and Computer Science at Higher Level. Yes I know C++ and make websites sometimes. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest