The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mahmzo
Eeek I am wanting to apply for Aeronautical Engineering but An A* in physics >_< anyone doing the new OCR A spec????

I am :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
I am :smile:

How do you find it. The specimens are easy but the practice breadth and depth are insanely hard
Original post by mahmzo
How do you find it. The specimens are easy but the practice breadth and depth are insanely hard

I do feel like they've become harder than previous years, but i feel like it's still doable. There's a real emphasis on practicals too in these exams too which I'm trying to focus on. What's your approach like?
International Chem Eng here, firmed Imperial. Has Imperial sent anyone any kind of acknowledgement after firming them, I haven't received anything of that sort as of today. And what about accommodation? They did say May right, because got nothing on that front as well.
Original post by ssshah2
International Chem Eng here, firmed Imperial. Has Imperial sent anyone any kind of acknowledgement after firming them, I haven't received anything of that sort as of today. And what about accommodation? They did say May right, because got nothing on that front as well.

Waiting for accomodation email as well.
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
Waiting for accomodation email as well.

Which course m8? And what offer if you mind me asking
Original post by ssshah2

I have an offer for medicine and medicine candidates received letters and relevant documents but this may just be because medicine candidates need to complete health questionnaires and immunisation forms as well as a dbs check

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
I do feel like they've become harder than previous years, but i feel like it's still doable. There's a real emphasis on practicals too in these exams too which I'm trying to focus on. What's your approach like?

Yep, especially in the depth there is supposed to be about 20% of the exam just on experiments, so I have memorised them all haha. I have literally just been doing the old specs past papers, I have been achieving solid As in them but I feel they were much less difficult. Do you know of any good revision websites with questions?

The multiple choice questions are another set of good marks. Hard but it is were you can boost your marks. What is your easiest/hardest topics.

I find the mechanics side of physics much more enjoyable. However my least is the Waves 2 chapter
Original post by ssshah2

They said something about this month, although dunno if that's going to be soon, or if it's going to be later in the month
Original post by not you
They said something about this month, although dunno if that's going to be soon, or if it's going to be later in the month

Thanks!

LOVE your profile pic btw, lol
Original post by mahmzo
Yep, especially in the depth there is supposed to be about 20% of the exam just on experiments, so I have memorised them all haha. I have literally just been doing the old specs past papers, I have been achieving solid As in them but I feel they were much less difficult. Do you know of any good revision websites with questions?

The multiple choice questions are another set of good marks. Hard but it is were you can boost your marks. What is your easiest/hardest topics.

I find the mechanics side of physics much more enjoyable. However my least is the Waves 2 chapter

Nice, I just need to review a couple of experiments in module 4 and I should be set for them. I use kerboodle which is a system my school uses sometimes along with physics and maths tutor.

I agree. When I look at the options I sometimes doubt my initial answer which is quite annoying. My easiest would probably be mechanics in general too along with electricity. I don't really find any topics really hard, I just generally find the difficult variations of questions in the papers hard xD

If you only have problems with waves 2, I'd say that you're in a pretty good position :smile:
Original post by ssshah2
Which course m8? And what offer if you mind me asking

Maths-A*A*A
What about you?
Hi guys, I firmed Imperial for biomed, and havent received any email detailing the accommodation and other sorts of what-to-do-for-first-day stuff.. im an international so i need to arrange flights and visa and sort asap. has anyone heard from them yet?

oh and anyone knows when our first day actually is? Thanks!

and good luck for everyone taking their finals!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LightBulbxx
Hi guys, I firmed Imperial for biomed, and havent received any email detailing the accommodation and other sorts of what-to-do-for-first-day stuff.. im an international so i need to arrange flights and visa and sort asap. has anyone heard from them yet?

oh and anyone knows when our first day actually is? Thanks!

and good luck for everyone taking their finals!

1st oct for first day, and i haven't receive any accommodation letters either......
Original post by lai812matthew
1st oct for first day, and i haven't receive any accommodation letters either......

thanks m8!
Reply 6735
Hi, what´s the difference between Biochemistry and Biotechnology at Imperial(as they share their first and second years)?
Anyone else considering Aeronautical Engineering? I have a huge passion for aeroplanes/aerodynamics. However those entry requirements :/ A*A*A.(Maths,Physics,Any other)

Do you think they will accept me with A*AA or A*A*A (Maths,Computer Science,Physics).
I highly doubt (being realistic) I will achieve an A* in physics especially considering the new specs.
Reply 6737
Who is applying for biology? And who is taking a gap year?
Has anyone had an email about applying for accommodation yet?
Reply 6739
Original post by sam_97
Has anyone had an email about applying for accommodation yet?

No and I don't know anyone who has

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending