The Student Room Group

Hated on for having a GF. - Help me =(

Hi, I need some help asap.

I have a girlfriend but I'm having to keep it very secretive and hidden because if I publicize it, the people who also like me will no longer want to know me.Its stressing me out a lot and I feel like I cannot tell my friends anything because they will not like me anymore. I feel I will leave them heartbroken but I dont want to leave them hoping at the same time.

Any advice, or quotes you have that I can relate to to help me understand what to do? :biggrin:
Who gives a **** mate. Why would anyone care if you have a girlfriend or not.
Reply 2
Original post by 4r1r43r34
Who gives a **** mate. Why would anyone care if you have a girlfriend or not.

Because theres a lot of people who like me the same way :/
Geez, which monestary do you live in? Jokes aside, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a partner and obviously I don't know you or your friends, but if they hate on you simply for doing something that makes you happy, I'd say you need new friends.

Honestly, friends are supposed to love and support you no matter what, not crap on you for dating some girl. I think your best bet is being open with them about your dating life, to stop the stress that comes with secretiveness. I've hidden relationships before and it is so not worth the trouble if there's a way around it. If they cut you off, good for you! They're jerks, plain and simple. And they don't "like you." They like a false version of you that they've fabricated based off what you've revealed to them. Really dude, the sooner you ditch these guys and make friends, the sooner you'll be at ease with who you are.
Original post by FrozenBeak
Because theres a lot of people who like me the same way :/

If anyone behaves differently cos you have a girlfriend, they are immature lowlives who clearly don't have anything better to do with the limited time they have on this planet. They need to grow a pair and open their eyes. People are being slaughtered in Syria, kids are starving in Africa, while the drug cartels are chopping people up in Mexico. You and your friends have it way too damn easy, thats why you worry about these bull**** issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending