The Student Room Group

Would you have a long distance relationship?

do you think they ever work?
Reply 1
If I had to wait a life time and million miles for someone I loved, I would. :h:
a good dicking by me should leave her sore for a good few months. just in time for the next meet up
What do you want out of your relationship?
Hypothetically I don't see why not I guess but personally I don't think I could enter into one that was already long-distance; if I'd been with someone for a long time and we had to temporarily go long-distance it might be different but I need a lot of physical contact & affection in a relationship lol. Everyone's different though ig
Yes- if anything, I think they help people appreciate each other more.
Reply 6
Nah, they don't really appeal to me. Can see why they do for others though and of course they can work if both parties are willing to put the time and effort in. Couldn't ever see myself in one. Maybe if I were just seeing someone or friends with benefits but I wouldn't want a long distance serious relationship.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stehay
do you think they ever work?

Yes. In fact my current relationship started out as fully long distance. I was in sussex and she was in east london. I am now at university in London but still a reasonable distance from her. The distance has never been a problem for us.

Long distance can definitely work if both the people want it and can deal with it.
Reply 8
Yes I would but it would depend on how much the "long distance" really is. The maximum for me is 2 hours. Although, I prefer not to have long distance relationship.
It's not worth it.

If you haven't established the relationship in real life and just dating them online, then I think it's a waste of time.

You never really know who is on the other side or know who you're truly calling your "boyfriend" or "girlfriend"...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply