The Student Room Group

Latin sources ocr A405/02 gcse

Hi, is anyone doing latin gcse ocr sources cos i'm not really sure how to revise for this test...does anyone have any tips or revision notes please!!! :smile:
Thanks
I'm just using the booklet to read, then doing past papers and lookinng at the Mark Schemes, the MS is useful because there are so many different things it covers and it's more concentrated than the booklet. If I took the exam seriously I would probably write the booklet down in note form on each different section, e,g, religion, chariot racing etc.

WOOP WOOP last exam of the whole country is basically Latin Sources! Tell me if you know of anyone with a later exam than us! I'll be alone in the exam room at my school
Reply 2
Original post by Cartmcgrart
I'm just using the booklet to read, then doing past papers and lookinng at the Mark Schemes, the MS is useful because there are so many different things it covers and it's more concentrated than the booklet. If I took the exam seriously I would probably write the booklet down in note form on each different section, e,g, religion, chariot racing etc.

WOOP WOOP last exam of the whole country is basically Latin Sources! Tell me if you know of anyone with a later exam than us! I'll be alone in the exam room at my school

wow..i should have done that. Thanks a lot.Yh, its my last exam, can't wait till its over :biggrin::biggrin: Im kinda taking this quite seriously even though its my most hated subject cos its my last exam so i might as well try :wink:
Reply 3
any ideas what the 12 marker and 6 markers will be on?
Reply 4
Original post by Sue P

nope - how r u revising?
Reply 5
Original post by Sue P

There's no way of knowing!!

How are people revising? the exam's today and im starting revision now... but i dont know where to start!! im screwed! help anyone?
Hi! On the Cicero On Occupation's o the sources booklet, he describes jobs which are 'least acceptable' e.g. fishers. Does this mean it is acceptable or not?
Reply 7
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Hi! On the Cicero On Occupation's o the sources booklet, he describes jobs which are 'least acceptable' e.g. fishers. Does this mean it is acceptable or not?

I reckon it's still acceptable, but not thought very highly of, you know? A job is a job but, it doesn't seem to be of very high class- I think!
Original post by danilozzi
I reckon it's still acceptable, but not thought very highly of, you know? A job is a job but, it doesn't seem to be of very high class- I think!

Thank you!
Hoping patrons amd clinets, food and drink, batha come up but not houses and water supply!
Reply 9
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Thank you!
Hoping patrons amd clinets, food and drink, batha come up but not houses and water supply!

yeah well, ive not really revised much myself, im just going through past papers and hoping similar questions come up this afternoon hahaha- good luck tho!!
yeah well, ive not really revised much myself, im just going through past papers and hoping similar questions come up this afternoon hahaha- good luck tho!!

Good luck to you too!

Past papers are always useful and rememeber to go over the sources and make notes of an external sources used...
i'm the only one left in my school.. legit, no one else comes in other than the younger years.. its jokesss haha - cant wait to be done!

Except money lending which is "murder" !!!
Got the exam tomorrow. Here's a list of all the topics and when they've been used:
1 Work and domestic life
- houses 2011
- water supply 2014
- women specimen 2013
- occupations 2010 (slaves) 2012 (army) 2016 (slavery)
2 Social life and entertainment
- food and drink 2010 2015
- patronage - baths 2012 2016
- religion 2013
- chariot racing specimen 2014
- the amphitheatre 2011 2015

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending