The Student Room Group

Japanese A2 - 24th June 2015

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else was doing this exam? I mean i'm sure there are others but I feel like the only one... Also I'm very scared. If anyone else is doing this exam or has done it, how did you prepare/ how are you preparing for it?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Sugoi123
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else was doing this exam? I mean i'm sure there are others but I feel like the only one... Also I'm very scared. If anyone else is doing this exam or has done it, how did you prepare/ how are you preparing for it?

I am doing it too in 2 days time!

I feel like I'm alone in this too...specially when I have to sit in a big exam hall by my self with one invigilator...

The only part I'm worried about is section C because I am going to be self teaching and I have no idea what I should do exam technique wise to get max marks. (I am going to read and write about the texts).

Do you know if we are allowed to take the books in to the exam on the day if I don't have anything marked/written in it?
Reply 3
Original post by PiePiePie

I feel like I'm alone in this too...specially when I have to sit in a big exam hall by my self with one invigilator...

The only part I'm worried about is section C because I am going to be self teaching and I have no idea what I should do exam technique wise to get max marks. (I am going to read and write about the texts).

Do you know if we are allowed to take the books in to the exam on the day if I don't have anything marked/written in it?

We're not allowed to take the books in as far as I know!
And same, i'm also worried about part C.
I will be with one other person in the exam: a japanese girl from the year below. (Last year when I did the AS exam I was with her and 2 Japanese girls from the year above.) Yeah so basically, it's me and a native speaker doing the A2 exam...
すごく怖いです!
皆頑張れ!well im a jap but the exam is really tough and i feel tensed. Are you guys gonna study jap in uni ?
Reply 5
Original post by HashiramaSenju
皆頑張れ!well im a jap but the exam is really tough and i feel tensed. Are you guys gonna study jap in uni ?

no, but are you? I'm just doing it as extra.
I'm half jap!
Reply 6
We're not allowed to take the books in as far as I know!
And same, i'm also worried about part C.
I will be with one other person in the exam: a japanese girl from the year below. (Last year when I did the AS exam I was with her and 2 Japanese girls from the year above.) Yeah so basically, it's me and a native speaker doing the A2 exam...
すごく怖いです!

thanks. I wish we could take the books into the exam!!
Reply 7

Waa if you find it really tough and you're Japanese then I have no hope haha :frown: and I'll be studying Economics and Japanese together at Uni (if I don't fail all my exams that is). Are you going to study it at Uni?
あなたも頑張れ!
Waa if you find it really tough and you're Japanese then I have no hope haha :frown: and I'll be studying Economics and Japanese together at Uni (if I don't fail all my exams that is). Are you going to study it at Uni?
あなたも頑張れ!

Im planning to study engineering so i took jap as my 4th A level because i didnt wanna forget my mother tongue. So i didnt study for this exam much. But you must have prepared well so you will do well. And in one examiners report it was written "native candidates should not write the 作文 just from their grandmothers experience but they should do some research on the topic (war for exmpl)"
Same here doing it as an extra. 死ぬ気で頑張ろう!!!
no, but are you? I'm just doing it as extra.
I'm half jap!
Reply 10
Im planning to study engineering so i took jap as my 4th A level because i didnt wanna forget my mother tongue. So i didnt study for this exam much. But you must have prepared well so you will do well. And in one examiners report it was written "native candidates should not write the 作文 just from their grandmothers experience but they should do some research on the topic (war for exmpl)"

Ahh I see but I am also doing it as a 4th A-Level so I haven't really prepared for it! I thought it would be a waste to have learnt it this far and not to do it at Uni which is why I thought I should do a joint honours with Japanese - but you don't need A-level Japaneae for this course. So yeah, I am probably not going to do very well unless it is a nice paper (if such things even exist lol).

hahah last year I wrote about my experience on school and weather for unit 2 on research topic... No wonder why I did so bad!!

I feel pretty uncomfortable with the fact that more than half of the marks for the paper comes from the last section.

Hopefully preparation for this year will pay off...!
Are you fluent in japanese ?

hahah last year I wrote about my experience on school and weather for unit 2 on research topic... No wonder why I did so bad!!

I feel pretty uncomfortable with the fact that more than half of the marks for the paper comes from the last section.

Hopefully preparation for this year will pay off...!
Are you fluent in japanese ?

Yes I am, I used to go to a Japanese school until year 5.
But since them I moved to a British school so I have forgotten a bit of kanji and my handwriting is... -_-''

Are you fluent as well?
(edited 8 years ago)
Same here i went to a jap school till 4th grade bu ti havent written much since then。btw how are you prepping for sakubun ?
Yes I am, I used to go to a Japanese school until year 5.
But since them I moved to a British school so I have forgotten a bit of kanji and my handwriting is... -_-''

Are you fluent as well?

I understand how you feel. I self taught everything too. As far is I know, we are not allowed to bring the copy of our book into the exam. So you should probably remember some of the things in the story.
The space above the 原稿用紙, is it for rough working?
Same here i went to a jap school till 4th grade bu ti havent written much since then。btw how are you prepping for sakubun ?

aah so we're pretty much on the same page then.

As for preparation, I just read the two texts that I'm gonna do and started writing the sakubun 2 days ago, (I know I left it last minute...) and I had it reviewed by my mum.
I also looked at the examiner's report closely and tried to pick out what they want to see from students.
Original post by hayato_uk
I understand how you feel. I self taught everything too. As far is I know, we are not allowed to bring the copy of our book into the exam. So you should probably remember some of the things in the story.

Thanks.
At least we don't have to quote anything in it. It seems from the exam report that a simple short outline of the story will do.
Original post by hayato_uk
The space above the 原稿用紙, is it for rough working?

If I don't get to have extra paper during the exam, I'm gonna use the space to write e draft first and then poperly in the boxes (?) because we are only allowed to use a pen! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending