The Student Room Group

Transformation discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by SophieSmall
Nice one! Ans that seems (to me anyway) like damn good progress for 12 weeks.

thanks! Did a mixture of HIIT & LISS cardio to help speed it up
Visiting my parents in Devon this weekend.

No training and none of the regular food.

Heavy squats Monday though. Looking forward to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 682
My weight has crept up to 68.8kg, plus 0.8kg in a week which is more than is ok but I'll worry about it if it continues. Though I'll probably alter my higher calorie days a bit on a week by week basis with consideration of how active I was during the week
Today's breakfast, quick fried veggies and home made spring rolls with sea weed thins. 170 calories total.
Holy moly though I made the filling far too spicy, even for me it was burning D:

Today's breakfast, quick fried veggies and home made spring rolls with sea weed thins. 170 calories total.
Holy moly though I made the filling far too spicy, even for me it was burning D:

I'm so jealous of your presentation and how you cook nice food, I barely have time to stuff some weetabix in my mouth before I have to leave in the morning :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I'm so jealous of your presentation and how you cook nice food, I barely have time to stuff some weetabix in my mouth before I have to leave in the morning :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It only took 10 minutes :smile:
I've lost a kg, I feel too depressed to eat anything apart from chocolate.
It only took 10 minutes :smile:

really? wow it looks like it would take a while, I'll need to try and get better at cooking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
really? wow it looks like it would take a while, I'll need to try and get better at cooking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. Just took the time to chop the veg, very quickly fry it in a teeny bit is seasame oil and hot flavouring. Then soak the rice paper in warm water for at least 30 seconds. Lay rice paper on wet tea towel, stuff and roll. That was it.
Today's dinner; Teriyaki and hot pepper stir fried Konjaku noodles, onions, sweet potato and mushrooms with pan fried teriyaki green beans and sweetcorn. And quick fried mixed peppers, cucumber, carrot strips and spring onion with crispy onions.
Total calories 144.
Absolutely stuffed.

Reply 690
I'm beginning to think half of why my presentation is never great is because I have so much on the plate. Maybe I need to start having it on two plates
Reply 691
Experiencing weird sensations with my heart recently. Probably need to get it checked out by the doc. Hopefully not fatal.
Original post by BKS
I'm beginning to think half of why my presentation is never great is because I have so much on the plate. Maybe I need to start having it on two plates

I know this feeling

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 6'4, started 1 month at 79 kg, i'm currently 83kg, wanna get to 100kg by mid September!

Btw can someone give me any pointers on my diet? In a day I eat:

Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
x3 peanut butter sandwiches
1 litre of whole milk
Dinner

= about 3500 calories
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 694
Original post by Katana1
I'm 6'4, started 1 month at 79 kg, i'm currently 83kg, wanna get to 100kg by mid September!

Btw can someone give me any pointers on my diet? In a day I eat:

Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
x3 peanut butter sandwiches
1 litre of whole milk
Dinner

= about 3500 calories

Don't eat like that every day unless you're training everyday or you'll get fat real quick.
Original post by a10
Don't eat like that every day unless you're training everyday or you'll get fat real quick.

I am training every day, and I have to eat this much to gain weight as my metabolism is insane
Reply 696
Original post by Katana1
I am training every day, and I have to eat this much to gain weight as my metabolism is insane

then I hope you're hitting your workouts extra hard and pushing yourself to your limit :wink:
Reply 697
Not necessarily going to make you fat. 3500 would be in the region of bulking 1lbs a week for me at 68kg-early 70s. At 79kg that might not be much of a surplus.

+17kg in 11 weeks will however make you fat

ETA: you both posted whilst I was typing slow, Your metabolism isn't insane, it's normal, people's metabolisms don't vary much- see how I eat as much whilst much smaller
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BKS
Not necessarily going to make you fat. 3500 would be in the region of bulking 1lbs a week for me at 68kg-early 70s. At 79kg that might not be much of a surplus.

ETA: you both posted whilst I was typing slow, You metabolism isn't insane, it's normal, people's metabolisms don't vary much

3500 calories is my absolute maximum I can eat in a day though without feeling sick, so do you think I will be able to get to 100kg eating this many calories?
Reply 699
Original post by BKS

Depends on your activity level. If you go to the gym say 3 times a week only and you're eating like that everyday you will get fat. If you go say 5-6 times a week and eat that amount of calories you won't put on as much fat because your activity level is higher.

That's pretty much what i did the very first time i bulked properly....ate in a surplus of only 300 calories everyday but only trained for 3 days in the week and those extra calories add up so fast and i got fat lol

Quick Reply

Latest