The Student Room Group

How do you deal with results day nerves?

Hi :smile:
How do you distract yourself from results day?! I'm finding it so hard at the moment, it feels like all my aspirations will go to waste :frown: I think it's also due to teachers predicted grades, I'm worried they'll be too low for what I want to do..
Reply 1
I don't, i'm a shaking ball of tears. :lol: I didn't manage to leave my bed until 1pm last year.

But actually, I think this year i'll be better. It is the way you look at it. Even if they aren't what you had hoped for, it isn't over. You can still achieve what you wish. It just may be via a different path or take a little longer. :yep: Remember that. :moon:
(edited 8 years ago)
Accept that there is nothing that you can do to change the results. Worrying will only make things worse, it can do no good.
I usually try to make really good guesses of what my grades will be so it's predictable and I'm less nervous

Needless to say I know my life will be ruined in about 60 odd days when I recieve that envelope :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Phew its gonna be hell :frown: But don't forget; we are all in this together. Let's face results day together!! :smile:
I try to do something exhausting the day before results day so I'll be too tired to stay up all night worrying. In the mean time, just keep busy and remember it's all done and nothing can be changed now! Enjoy your summer. I'm sure your tried your hardest and everyone will be proud of you regardless. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Zoelingua
I try to do something exhausting the day before results day so I'll be too tired to stay up all night worrying. In the mean time, just keep busy and remember it's all done and nothing can be changed now! Enjoy your summer. I'm sure your tried your hardest and everyone will be proud of you regardless. Good luck!

Thank you! I'm tempted to run a marathon the day before so I'm too tired to even care about results :smile:
Original post by Lularose83
Thank you! I'm tempted to run a marathon the day before so I'm too tired to even care about results :smile:

Do it!!! I went to a film premiere a couple of years ago before my first AS results day (knew I was going to fail, re-sat the following year) but my adrenaline was so high after meeting some famous people/spending all day up London I accepted my results for what they were and managed to hold it together :smile:
Reply 8
wow that's pessimistic :laugh:

Spoiler

Reply 9
Imagine the worst lol i know it sounds bad, but it does help, not extremely bad like C's or D's, i did that but I was being So unrealistic.
Honestly if your emotional like me just have a cry if it gets a bit much beforehand, so then you go in feeling better.
When i was doing my GCSE's i broke down in the last two weeks, I'm dreading results day :/
Reply 10
:h:

Quick Reply

Latest