The Student Room Group

2016 dental hygiene and therapy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I mean do you have colleagues or tutors that can read your personal statement to give you feedback? Have you sent any applications off yet?

Original post by Mants96
I haven't put down people who they can get feedback from really :/ but I did explain how j got into the career purely because it was when I was 16 so thought it would be okay o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Rissyz
I mean do you have colleagues or tutors that can read your personal statement to give you feedback? Have you sent any applications off yet?

My bad. Yeah I have a dentist and a Hygiene therapist hopefully! Nope not yet. Gunna start v soon tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Mants96
My bad. Yeah I have a dentist and a Hygiene therapist hopefully! Nope not yet. Gunna start v soon tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see! Are you applying for Leeds?
Reply 63
No I don't think I will :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,
Im applying to cardiff, birmingham, newctasle and edingborugh. Anyone else applying here or have tips for the interviews? I know bham have MMI stations
Reply 65
Original post by Mants96
No I don't think I will :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh sure, their deadline is end of the month so less pressure for you!
Reply 66
Original post by Rayahoxley
Hey,
Im applying to cardiff, birmingham, newctasle and edingborugh. Anyone else applying here or have tips for the interviews? I know bham have MMI stations

Heya!

Firstly, best of luck! I have done the interview for Cardiff. It was quite pleasant and was just consisted of MMIs ( similar to OSCEs for d.nursing) Just read ahead on the subject and career, relevant dental news, do a bit of personal reflection ( your strengths/weaknesses) and try to exude confidence!

:smile: Marisa!
Original post by Rissyz
Heya!

Firstly, best of luck! I have done the interview for Cardiff. It was quite pleasant and was just consisted of MMIs ( similar to OSCEs for d.nursing) Just read ahead on the subject and career, relevant dental news, do a bit of personal reflection ( your strengths/weaknesses) and try to exude confidence!

:smile: Marisa!

Ahh when was your interview? Im looking forward to it just nervous because the competion is gonna be crazy! After you send UCAS off do you know within a week or have till wait till january when the applications close?
My predicted grades are A*BB, do you thibk thats enough to get an interview?

Thanks!! Xx
Hi peeps

I qualified/graduated from Birmingham in the summer of this year.
I was involved in the interview process for applicants in my final year - So I have an idea of what is asked :smile:
Any questions, feel free to ask.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 69
Hi guys, can anyone who's been accepted into DHT, give us some insight into there experience and qualifications? I'm an 19 year old nurse, have been working since 16 at my local practice, I'm on a OHC course at Barts London. What would I need to do to further strengthen my application? I was considering either AS bio of Radiography? Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Do universities wait until all application are in for this course before they start making offers?
Reply 71
Original post by Rayahoxley
Ahh when was your interview? Im looking forward to it just nervous because the competion is gonna be crazy! After you send UCAS off do you know within a week or have till wait till january when the applications close?
My predicted grades are A*BB, do you thibk thats enough to get an interview?

Thanks!! Xx

Hey
It was last Feb roughly. I dont recall it being a week, maybe 2 or 3.
Yes that will defo get you an interview. Have you had some work experience?

Marisa
Hi everyone, have any of you had a reply about interviews yet from Sheffield? They said mid October. I'm so nervous, really hope I get an interview !
Original post by Lyndsey38
Hi everyone, have any of you had a reply about interviews yet from Sheffield? They said mid October. I'm so nervous, really hope I get an interview !

No :frown: It must be next week now. Me too, fingers crossed for us all! x
Original post by abbeyy29
No :frown: It must be next week now. Me too, fingers crossed for us all! x

Aw I'm hoping so too its awful waiting isn't it I'm so nervous just really hope we get interviews. Good luck :smile:
Aw I'm hoping so too its awful waiting isn't it I'm so nervous just really hope we get interviews. Good luck :smile:

Yeah waiting is definitely the worst bit! Is this your first time applying? x
Yeah waiting is definitely the worst bit! Is this your first time applying? x

Yeah first time what about you? Are you a college student or dental nurse? It's nice to chat with others that are in same situation :smile:
Yeah first time what about you? Are you a college student or dental nurse? It's nice to chat with others that are in same situation :smile:

First time for me too. I'm a dental nurse, how about you? Yes it is, let me know if you receive a letter from Sheffield :smile: Have you applied anywhere else? x
First time for me too. I'm a dental nurse, how about you? Yes it is, let me know if you receive a letter from Sheffield :smile: Have you applied anywhere else? x

I'm a dental nurse too :smile: Yeah I will let you know chick. I have applied for Leeds as well. I live in Hull so those two are the nearest for me. What about you? Xx
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm a dental nurse too :smile: Yeah I will let you know chick. I have applied for Leeds as well. I live in Hull so those two are the nearest for me. What about you? Xx

I have only applied for Sheffield. Leeds wants a biology a-level I think, so I didn't apply there. x

Quick Reply

Latest