The Student Room Group

2016 dental hygiene and therapy

Hi all I was wondering if there are any people here, who are going to apply for dental hygiene and therapy for 2016 entry.
Everything to personal statement help to interview questions here.
Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi, yes I'm applying to Sheffield, where are you applying to?
Original post by abbeyy29
hi, yes I'm applying to Sheffield, where are you applying to?

Hi thanks for the reply.
To be honest im really contemplating where to apply to and whether I should even do this course. Need help
Reply 3
What qualifications do you have?
What qualifications do you have?

I have my GCSEs : 2 As 4 Bs
And im currently doing applied science level 3 and a chemistry A level
Reply 5
ok, so what are your reasons for considering DHT? You need to be dedicated to do a course like this as it is so competitive to get a place. do you have a work experience in a dental environment?
ok, so what are your reasons for considering DHT? You need to be dedicated to do a course like this as it is so competitive to get a place. do you have a work experience in a dental environment?

No work experience in a dental environment im trying to find some but they are very busy. I have experience in a pharmacy and that is a lot of it.
Reply 7
yeah it is difficult to get work experience, it will be very beneficial to you though.are you considering other courses or just this one at the moment? i'm currently writing my application, and taking my time with it.... need to get it right! :smile:
yeah it is difficult to get work experience, it will be very beneficial to you though.are you considering other courses or just this one at the moment? i'm currently writing my application, and taking my time with it.... need to get it right! :smile:

Currently it is just this course and I think I will stick with just this only.
Hi, I'm looking at applying to Plymouth.
My problem is everywhere asks for Biology and I don't have an A-level in it. I get my results next week and I'm taking a year out for extra experience or retaking (dependant on my results) but I will have A-levels in Psychology and Classical Civilisation and a BTEC in Health and Social Care. Does anyone know if they would accept the BTEC it having scientific background? Is it worth me asking?
If not, is it worth me finding another root?
Sorry if that's a lot but I'm not really sure where I should be heading at the moment!!
Original post by beckyjulie
Hi, I'm looking at applying to Plymouth.
My problem is everywhere asks for Biology and I don't have an A-level in it. I get my results next week and I'm taking a year out for extra experience or retaking (dependant on my results) but I will have A-levels in Psychology and Classical Civilisation and a BTEC in Health and Social Care. Does anyone know if they would accept the BTEC it having scientific background? Is it worth me asking?
If not, is it worth me finding another root?
Sorry if that's a lot but I'm not really sure where I should be heading at the moment!!

Very strange they are asking for the a level in biology.
Reply 11
this is what I thought and hopefully they'll see that I have psychology and health and social care and accept that?
I've applied for advance clearing this year for Plymouth so fingers crossed I get decent grades and get a place 😁

How do you apply for Advanced clearing?! X
Original post by moneymania999
Very strange they are asking for the a level in biology.

this is what I thought and hopefully they'll see that I have psychology and health and social care and accept that?I've applied for advance clearing this year for Plymouth so fingers crossed I get decent grades and get a place 😁
Original post by Kej04
How do you apply for Advanced clearing?! X

believe it's just for Plymouth although other uni's might do it.On the Plymouth website it has a form you have to fill in with your predicted grades, name and phone no. etc and then on results day the call you and ask for your grades to see if they can find you a place.They called me today to just confirm that they would call me after 9 and all that, just means you beat the clearing rush basically 😃
Reply 14
believe it's just for Plymouth although other uni's might do it.On the Plymouth website it has a form you have to fill in with your predicted grades, name and phone no. etc and then on results day the call you and ask for your grades to see if they can find you a place.They called me today to just confirm that they would call me after 9 and all that, just means you beat the clearing rush basically 😃

That's pretty cool! Didn't know about that! What about the UKCAT, will they still consider if we haven't taken this? Also just had a look on their website, can't see it. Where did you find it?X
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kej04
That's pretty cool! Didn't know about that! What about the UKCAT, will they still consider if we haven't taken this? Also just had a look on their website, can't see it. Where did you find it?X

Is UKCAT not just for Dentistry rather than Dental Hygiene? It's not an entry requirement so I guess you don't need it
here's the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/advanceclearing
Reply 16
Hi there, im trying to get myself into uni aswell! i have worked in the industry for 3 years now and have gained myself a Dental Nursing Qualification. Im considering doing A level biology or possibly Human Bio in septmber alongside the OHC course at Queens ive been accepted onto! Im doing all i can to try and get into a University to study DHT, any more info, ideas and help would be much appreciated!

Manny!
Original post by Mants96
Hi there, im trying to get myself into uni aswell! i have worked in the industry for 3 years now and have gained myself a Dental Nursing Qualification. Im considering doing A level biology or possibly Human Bio in septmber alongside the OHC course at Queens ive been accepted onto! Im doing all i can to try and get into a University to study DHT, any more info, ideas and help would be much appreciated!

Manny!

So have you started university or are you going to apply this year for September 2016 entry?
Reply 18
Trying to apply for September 2016 D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you convert to debtistry after a year of this course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest