The Student Room Group

Currys Interview

I have an interview for the role of a part time Sales Advisor at my nearest Currys in the next few weeks. I received an email and I'd say I'm pretty well prepped, although one part in particular has me worried;

"‘5 Minutes to Impress’
This activity is exactly what it sounds like. You will have 5 minutes to impress us! Sometimes you might leave an interview feeling like you haven’t had an opportunity to really sell yourself. We would like to give you the chance to really let us know who you are, what makes you special and unique, and why we simply must offer you the chance to join our team. There are no restrictions (but one... no PowerPoint please) you can talk about / do anything you like whether it is work related or a passion outside of work."

I have no idea what to do here. Over the phone interview I've made myself seem passionate about technology, and beyond building computers (which I obviously cannot do in 5 minutes), I have no real "talent" as such.

I was thinking about talking about how I enjoy helping people, how I've talked friends out of suicide and self harm, and how I do my best to go above and beyond, and also how technology enabled me to meet and see my girlfriend of one year now who lives 100 miles away, any thoughts?
Bring in a computer to the store and say you made it yourself :smug:

Talk about specs, the skills you needed to make the computer and all that stuff :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Brother Mario
Bring in a computer to the store and say you made it yourself :smug:

Talk about specs, the skills you needed to make the computer and all that stuff :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't sound very practical, my PC is a prebuilt HP that i already claimed i bought from PC World/Currys on the phone interview to intrigue them.
Reply 3
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending