The Student Room Group

Anxiety disorder without consciously feeling anxious?

Hi, I've been trying to find the cause of my symptoms for a while. I was diagnosed with migraines a few years back but the medication for migraine doesnt work very well and my doctor told me my symptoms weren't usual for migraine so Ive kept looking into it. I get frequent dizziness, lightheadedness and mild confusion (like words wont make sense, i have trouble reading and counting and i feel a bit like im in a bubble). I also get numb hands and feet that turn blue, a faster heart rate (i used to swim competitively and back the my rhr was around 60, now its in the 90's and gets even faster when i do something even as simple as stand up), trouble breathing in that my chest feels heavy and i have to reallg concentrate on inhaling, and sweating and fatigue (i feel like im alwas lethargic and end up needing a midday nap to go to stay awake to go to bed at normal time). The thing that comes up quite often on symptom checkers (which arent the most reliable but i use them as a starting point) is anxiety disorder. At first i ruled this out because besides physical symptoms, im not a match: i dont feel depressed or overwhelmed or overly stressed and generally im quite laid back. However anxiety and depression does run in my family and is it possible that I am suffering from anxiety without even realising it or is it something sufferers are very aware of?
Original post by Nadnight258
Hi, I've been trying to find the cause of my symptoms for a while. I was diagnosed with migraines a few years back but the medication for migraine doesnt work very well and my doctor told me my symptoms weren't usual for migraine so Ive kept looking into it. I get frequent dizziness, lightheadedness and mild confusion (like words wont make sense, i have trouble reading and counting and i feel a bit like im in a bubble). I also get numb hands and feet that turn blue, a faster heart rate (i used to swim competitively and back the my rhr was around 60, now its in the 90's and gets even faster when i do something even as simple as stand up), trouble breathing in that my chest feels heavy and i have to reallg concentrate on inhaling, and sweating and fatigue (i feel like im alwas lethargic and end up needing a midday nap to go to stay awake to go to bed at normal time). The thing that comes up quite often on symptom checkers (which arent the most reliable but i use them as a starting point) is anxiety disorder. At first i ruled this out because besides physical symptoms, im not a match: i dont feel depressed or overwhelmed or overly stressed and generally im quite laid back. However anxiety and depression does run in my family and is it possible that I am suffering from anxiety without even realising it or is it something sufferers are very aware of?

Most of the time sufferers are unaware of the fact that they might be in depression or have anxiety problems because it's a never ending cycle of sadness so you would not be able to think. Maybe you should go see a counselor.
Reply 2
Original post by Nadnight258

Symptoms sound like low blood pressure. I get them all aswell. Some people have naturally low blood pressure. Probably nothing to worry about but don't take my word for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending