The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of fashion - Porfolio

Hi, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, it is my first post!

Basically I have always wanted to apply to the london college of fashion, since I knew what uni was I have wanted to go there, but as its getting nearer the time to make applications I'm getting super concerned about it all.
I'm applying for the BA in Tailoring, and have no idea how to make a portfolio or where to start, has anyone else had the interview, and if so what did they put in their portfolio?

Thankyou!
Reply 1
Original post by UnicornsYay

Basically I have always wanted to apply to the london college of fashion, since I knew what uni was I have wanted to go there, but as its getting nearer the time to make applications I'm getting super concerned about it all.
I'm applying for the BA in Tailoring, and have no idea how to make a portfolio or where to start, has anyone else had the interview, and if so what did they put in their portfolio?

Thankyou!
I assume you've checked out http://www.arts.ac.uk/fashion/courses/undergraduate/ba-bespoke-tailoring/? We don't encourage people to post details of their interview experience, as this is potentially unfair to other applicants, but the course information page does provide some clues about what they're looking for in this and the portfolio:

Portfolio and Interview Advice
For this course your portfolio should show evidence of: drawing/presentation skills; contemporary fashion/cultural awareness; a level of research, exploration and experimentation; fabric and material selection/knowledge; construction/technical competence; an enquiring approach/problem solving; and visual communication skills.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following at interview: creative, cultural and tailoring interests; the potential to achieve a high standard of technical/fine tailoring; the ability to work independently and as a member of a team; an enquiring and analytical approach; and an ability to communicate visually, verbally and through the written word.

I'd suggest you have a chat with your teachers at school or college for advice on building up your portfolio - the most important thing is that it reflects the best of what you have done to date, while making sure that you 'tick the boxes' of what the college asks for. If you haven't yet had the opportunity to produce anything suitable for a portfolio, you will need to discuss this with your teachers as soon as possible. I don't know this, but I would have thought, reading the specification above, that you would need at least three solid pieces of work, each covering most of the criteria but not necessarily all, as long as between the three of them you covered all of them at least twice.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UnicornsYay

Thankyou!

Hey! I guess all you have to for a portfolio is have a bunch of your BEST drawings. It's the drawings that will partly do the job of getting you a place at the university..
I'll be making one too..soon :smile:
What year are you applying for? 2015-16 or 2016-17?? I have a conditional offer for Bespoke Tailoring for 2015-16, but I had my interview in Feb / March??
Kim :smile:
Original post by moofookimbob
What year are you applying for? 2015-16 or 2016-17?? I have a conditional offer for Bespoke Tailoring for 2015-16, but I had my interview in Feb / March??
Kim :smile:

Hello! Sorry for the slow reply to this I have only just seen it - I hope that you see my reply! I am applying for 2016, I ahve sent off my mini application online but am compleatly unsure if I will get an interview or not, are you enjoying your course? When did you hear back about an interview? Thankyou!
Hi, yeah I'm really enjoying it, though it's hard work and the processes we learn are so time consuming! Not sure when I heard back about my interview, maybe early Feb? Don't panic, I didn't think I'd get an interview from what I sent in but I did, and now I'm on the course! There's no use in thinking about it too much, you just have to wait for an email. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending