The Student Room Group

A-Level Biology - Fast track

Hi

I am hoping to apply for uni next year as a mature student in Physiotherapy.

I need an A-level in biology to apply / get on a course. Is anyone able to help me in terms of the old / new syllabus. I'm trying to understand if I can fast track the course into a year - does anyone know whether I will have to do old or can do the new syllabus to achieve this?

Any help welcome!

Thank you
Becky
Original post by Beccaden
Hi

I am hoping to apply for uni next year as a mature student in Physiotherapy.

I need an A-level in biology to apply / get on a course. Is anyone able to help me in terms of the old / new syllabus. I'm trying to understand if I can fast track the course into a year - does anyone know whether I will have to do old or can do the new syllabus to achieve this?

Any help welcome!

Thank you
Becky

As far as I'm aware the changes with A Levels won't be fully encorperated until 2016? So I'd say yes you could do AS and A2 in one year, as many people do.
hello, i am fast tracking three alevels this year to apply for uni for next year to study occupational therapy.
I am studying alevel biology, psychology and sociology with the open study college which is distance learning.
Hope this helps :smile:
Erin
Reply 3
Thank you!! I'm hoping to do the Biology A-Level, just need to work out the best avenue to go down (self taught vs. online course).
Erin - are you doing yours full time or working as well?
Thanks!
Becky
Does anyone know if you can get funding/get courses for free in GCSEs or A-levels like Biology and Chemistry?
I'd rather do Open Study College or something similar.

I know there's help for people who failed GCSE Maths and English, but there doesn't seem to be for those who did ok but not enough for Uni courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending