The Student Room Group

Anyone who now looks back on a breakup and wonder why you were ever so upset??

New a little reassurance it'll happen to me ha
Reply 1
Oh goodness yes! There was one person I was CONVINCED was the love of my life - couldn't figure out why he dumped me and cried. However, now I know better and can spot 'less toxic' relationships easier
Yeh I was so tearful and thought my life was over- such a drama queen!

It took a few months and now I realise I was a complete nutter lol- so not worth it

Also I now geuinely believe if someone is yours you won`t have to make an effort, they`ll always be there. if they are not for you then no matter how hard you try it`ll never work!

oh rebounding helps loads too lol
its all about your state of mind. you can be sad, you can be happy, you can be indifferent. YOU decide. remember that. things get better as fast as you want them too. You know what doesnt help? listening to depressing **** like 3 doors down etc etc. I've gone through a breakup where i intentially kept myself depressed thinking about her, whilst the most recent one, sure i was sad, but then i focused on making myself a much better person and quickly forgot about all issues :smile: its much easier to move on and feel stronger when you know that in a few months, year or w/e; if you have a plan you can be such a much better version of yourself, where as your ex - the only thing they would have improved is their dick sucking and cum guzzling ability. You might think - whoaa....i dont want to think about my ex guzzling other peoples dicks....but actually...the more you think of it that way, the more you realize - why would you want her back or ever want her in the first place :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
its all about your state of mind. you can be sad, you can be happy, you can be indifferent. YOU decide. remember that. things get better as fast as you want them too. You know what doesnt help? listening to depressing **** like 3 doors down etc etc. I've gone through a breakup where i intentially kept myself depressed thinking about her, whilst the most recent one, sure i was sad, but then i focused on making myself a much better person and quickly forgot about all issues :smile: its much easier to move on and feel stronger when you know that in a few months, year or w/e; if you have a plan you can be such a much better version of yourself, where as your ex - the only thing they would have improved is their dick sucking and cum guzzling ability. You might think - whoaa....i dont want to think about my ex guzzling other peoples dicks....but actually...the more you think of it that way, the more you realize - why would you want her back or ever want her in the first place :smile:

What if she was the Hottest Girl you ever saw in real life ?
and you only broke up because of a misunderstanding
and you only met her in the first place because you were at Uni and now your no longer at Uni and dont see girls your age all day anymore. So you have 0 oppurtunity to meet new women your age so you spend the day stalking her instagram
What if she was the Hottest Girl you ever saw in real life ?
and you only broke up because of a misunderstanding
and you only met her in the first place because you were at Uni and now your no longer at Uni and dont see girls your age all day anymore. So you have 0 oppurtunity to meet new women your age so you spend the day stalking her instagram

1) no she wasn't mate. she simply wasn't. plus thats not the only important thing in life
2) life sucks. try and take all your mistakes as life lessons so that you don't repeat them. no point bashing yourself over it now.
3) wtf??????? we only don't see something / aren't able to do it if we don't want to do it. if you wanted to, you could hop on the bus or w/e train etc to the city and you'd find people your age. where do you live? saudi arabia desert?

I dont really know how instagram works, but i asked my ex to block me on facebook so i wouldn't stalk her. deleted every possible form of contact too. i guess i could "follow" her on instagram if i wanted to, but then she'd see i was weak and succumbed....which helps me not do it.
One has to be in a relationship to break up from one first.
Mind fittingly my dad broke up our relationship by leaving me when I was 8 years old. I kind of still wonder if things were different.....?
Does that count?
Mine happened a few months ago and after listening to depressing stuff and making myself miserable, i started taking all my frustration out in the gym because it was affecting me a lot as i lived away for uni and was alone most of the time. To think i would have done so so much better in uni this year if i didn't waste my time with emotions makes me angry :angry: but i guess its a lesson i had to learn for the future.
Mine happened a few months ago and after listening to depressing stuff and making myself miserable, i started taking all my frustration out in the gym because it was affecting me a lot as i lived away for uni and was alone most of the time. To think i would have done so so much better in uni this year if i didn't waste my time with emotions makes me angry :angry: but i guess its a lesson i had to learn for the future.

yes bro. thats the way to do it.

protip:

go soundcloud, search: Gym Motivation - Escape It & also search anything by Eric Thomas. Im not usually into this stuff, but listening to it non stop and i've forgotten all the worries in life, just looking forward.
Reply 9
yes
Yes with all my previous break ups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending