The Student Room Group

Do I take a gap year no not?

I jus finished my second year at Uni, im studying pharmacology. I wanted to know if its a good idea to take a gap year at this stage?? Its been hell of a tough year I struggled to get things done and I feeI I need some sort of break but aswell as that I don’t want to waste time,graduate/ start working ASAP. Wat would you do?? I spoke to my parents and they are wanting me to take some sort of break also if I take a gap year itd be nice to do things and not sit at home but on that note im broke! What do I do???
if you cant finance i wouldnt bother unless you did a year in industry.
Reply 2
Take a gap year and apply for a 12 month job to keep yourself fed haha. The main thing is that you do something PRODUCTIVE otherwise you might get lazy and lose the will to finish your degree. Even though it's a gap year, try do something related to pharmacology which might give you a deeper understanding of [a certain aspect of] the subject. Sorry this is quite general because I'm not a pharmacologist myself. For medicine, I'm considering taking a gap year to do some voluntary work or start a development project in a developing country. This will give me a great advantage in that medical schools love applicants who have taken a gap year for good reason (I'm talking about applying to an undergraduate course; your situation might be slightly different).
This is just my opinion and I've helped as much as I could using the knowledge I have... Hope it's been useful!
Reply 3
Take a gap year. If you want to be productive you can get a job and it'll be fun. You deserve a break and it's only for a year.

Quick Reply

Latest