The Student Room Group

I want to go to my insurance choice not my firm

When I completed my UCAS application and received my offers back, 1 offer was to receive 85% in my exam and the other was 40%. I accepted the higher choice as my firm because it is a more prestigious university however on looking at the course etc... I have realised that I would really like to go to my insurance choice. I honestly don't think I will receive the requirements for my firm choice however I'm worried they accept my anyway. Is there any way of swapping my firm and insurance choices on my UCAS application. I responded to the offers months ago if that is relevant
Original post by gdickinson_
When I completed my UCAS application and received my offers back, 1 offer was to receive 85% in my exam and the other was 40%. I accepted the higher choice as my firm because it is a more prestigious university however on looking at the course etc... I have realised that I would really like to go to my insurance choice. I honestly don't think I will receive the requirements for my firm choice however I'm worried they accept my anyway. Is there any way of swapping my firm and insurance choices on my UCAS application. I responded to the offers months ago if that is relevant

you cant swap them, if you definetly dont want to go for your firm you could just withdraw from there instead.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
you cant swap them, if you definetly dont want to go for your firm you could just withdraw from there instead.

How would I do that?
How would I do that?

give the admissions departments of both unis a call, tell the firm you want to withdraw and check that your insurance is happy to then become your firm choice.
Reply 4
give the admissions departments of both unis a call, tell the firm you want to withdraw and check that your insurance is happy to then become your firm choice.

Or do I just wait for my result? Ahhhh I don't know what to do
Or do I just wait for my result? Ahhhh I don't know what to do

if you really dont want to go to your firm you should withdraw before results day really

OP could swap them if both agreed to the switch

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15483-changing-your-mind-about-your-firm-or-insurance-choice

i didnt think the system allowed it but i stand corrected:smile:
Reply 8
Will they they let me do it with my reasoning being that the course at my insurance choice looks better than that of my firm. Or is that not a good enough reason because I should have checked this before applying?
Will they they let me do it with my reasoning being that the course at my insurance choice looks better than that of my firm. Or is that not a good enough reason because I should have checked this before applying?
it is unlikely that they will refuse.
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
it is unlikely that they will refuse.

hello, do universities usually accept your request if you ask them to switch to firm?
Reply 11
Original post by werakepa
hello, do universities usually accept your request if you ask them to switch to firm?

I see you've had an answer in your other thread so I'm closing this thread now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending