The Student Room Group

gap year work placement and re-applying to univeristy

Due to the fact that my AS-level results didn't go so well last year, I chose to apply for the YINI scheme to get a job if I decide to take a gap year. I still have applied to uni this year as I'm not sure whether I will get my job and I have applied to Brunel university and birckeck college in the university of London and have got both of those places with the latter being my 1st choice. I have my 1st job interview tomorrow and the job is in software testing.

For my AS-levels I took Biology: C, Maths:colone:, chemistry:u: and classics:C.
My sixth form obviously made me drop chemistry so now I cannot do my original wanted degree with biochemistry. I decided to apply for micro biology and a foundation course to computing this year and have got into both.
the only thing is after going through this whole year of biology I'm not sure I want to do it as a degree any more. I've had family troubles and depression through my depression that I feel has kept me back from having the confidence with my studies. I feel like doing this gap year will give me a chance to de-stress myself from family and school so that I can find my passion of what I really want to peruse as a career. I never thought about computing at all but now I look at it it seems like an option.

Anyway, I feel like my exam results are going to be a bit naff this year too and I was wondering if it was possible for me to take this gap year job and hire a private tutor to retake modules next year whilst re-applying for uni. Is this all too far fetched? Someone please help me out!

kind regards

Jen :smile:<3
Reply 1
the emojis next to my maths and chemistry were supposed to say chemistry grade U and maths grade E
Reply 2
can anyone still help me please?
Seems like a good plan. remember you have a whole year so make most of it and don't just think of exams.
Reply 4
i hope so im waiting on results of the interview they say i will get the results tomorrow. im just not sure if im being too ambitious

Quick Reply

Latest