The Student Room Group

Who's starting the Access to HE course for Nursing this year?

My actual course is 'health and human sciences' but I realise there's different titles and different modules depending on the college you're attending.

The aim is to start this in September and start Nursing next year.

I'm 24, 25 when I start uni, so I guess I will class myself as a mature student!

anyone else out there going back into education?

Also, for those applying for the Adult learning loan, has anyone applied for it and been successful yet? I'm still waiting for my college to send details so I can apply via the Gov website.
Reply 1
Hi there, what kind of nursing would you like to end up doing? So you plan to go straight onto a Nursing degree afterwards? Which universities are you looking at? I'm looking into the nursing route at the moment, have an offer to study Psychology but have changed my mind and would like to do Mental Health Nursing instead. Can't answer your question about the loan at the moment because I'm also waiting for the application details from my college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I got a reply back from the 24+ learning loan a week later approving it. Not sure what I need to do now though as the college want me to pay £50 on top of the loan for some reason.
I have an applicant day next week so will bring the letter to that in case.

I start in September to do an access to Social Science course and will be 26 next year when I start my Psychology degree, I'm so excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I start in September too Access to HE (Science) I applied for the 24+loan 2 weeks ago and got accepted within days :smile:
What nursing course are you thinking of progressing to?
Thanks for your replies!

I'll be studying adult nursing next year :-) and yeah, straight into the degree after college, put it off long enough! :-)

I want to work in surgery or the emergency department!

I'm worrying because I emailed college a month ago about the 24+ loan and they said they will send me the details so that I can apply for it, and they still haven't sent it. I'm hoping there isn't some strict deadline for it or I'll be majorly pissed if I don't start college due to them not giving me the information in time! So I kinda can't relax until that happens, I'll give it until the start of august and then email again.

Quick Reply