The Student Room Group

Ask a Bio majoring NatSci anything!

Dear all,

I still very much remember how useful and helpful TSR and its members were to me during my A-levels particularly during exam season and through the admissions process.

It is with regret I've not replied to quite a few messages over the last couple of years asking questions, for tips and advice. It is for this reason I'd like to open myself up to any questions anyone may have particularly those thinking about Natural sciences or studying life sciences at the University of Birmingham. Firstly a bit of background:

- I've just completed my second year of my Natural sciences MSci degree with my subject majors in Biology (particularly human now) and Chemistry.
- Academic record is A-level: A* in Bio and math + A in Chem and A's in AS further maths and Physics. First year mark = 82% and Second year = 74% (it gets harder!)
- Accepted an offer at Birmingham turning down Durham, UCL and Nottingham. Was pooled and finally rejected from Cambridge too.
- I've been a student rep for the last 2 years and so really do know the ins and outs of the NatSci course and Biosciences at Birmingham.
- Have recently applied to study Human reproductive biology, Neuroscience and anatomy and disease (ie very human) with a project in Circadium rhythms and cognitive functioning.

The whole admissions (including Oxbridge) A-levels etc are still very fresh in my mind so feel free to ask questions on that. Anything to do with NatSci generally (I know it's niche), biosciences or life in Birmingham just quote me up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Really glad to see it worked out for you - being pooled was no fun at all, was it? But, as you've proved, there is life after a Cambridge rejection :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending