The Student Room Group

What do you love about being a person of colour?

I'm black and after our brutal history, we still stand strong and are beautiful.

Scroll to see replies

lol i don't even know what that is btw. but yea.

but erm...person of colour or...black? not the same thing.
All dat melanin of course.
Original post by Man.bear.pig

lol i don't even know what that is btw. but yea.

but erm...person of colour or...black? not the same thing.

I know it's not the same thing. Person of colour is any one non white

You don't have to be blck to answer
Not having to worry about trying to get a tan/fake tanning :lol: Also not burning when I'm in the sun and ending up all red and peeling
Not much since I'm still human. I guess not having to worry about tanning
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Not having to worry about trying to get a tan/fake tanning :lol: Also not burning when I'm in the sun and ending up all red and peeling

pretty much even though it still can feel like ****.
so tan for the win lol
Arabs.
East Asians.
What do you like about being Arab.
And East Asian.
I'm just helping OP out lol
Nothing I love about it, it's just normal. I'm not proud of it because I'm only proud of what I do, I'm not going to credit myself for something one of my ancestors did a few hundred years ago.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
Arabs.
East Asians.
What do you like about being Arab.
And East Asian.
I'm just helping OP out lol

I love middle eastern food and rich culture
Original post by Protégé
Nothing I love about it, it's just normal. I'm not proud of it because I'm only proud of what I do, I'm not going to credit myself for something one of my ancestors did a few hundred years ago.

White ppl will love this answer
Original post by Ed's Balls

roflll.

Original post by queen-bee
I love middle eastern food and rich culture

I love Indian especially Punjab dishes and desserts.
#whitepower

White is still a color, right?
The culture: food, language, music, dress
being mixed, the capacity to not say ignorant things about others races/cultures because I know how it feels like
Having brown skin all year round, a lot of curly hair
women love me
So black is a colour but white is not a colour?

What?...?.........?
Original post by vanessanoelle
I'm black and after our brutal history, we still stand strong and are beautiful.

I can remember a few years back on channel 4. They asked a group of white and black people what they like about being black or white

For black people the answers always have to do with the pride we feel, coming from families who have struggled against the odds, fought injustice, persevered, and maintained dignity in the face of great obstacles.

In other words, to be black has internal meaning, derived from the positive actions and experiences of black people.

But for whites, if they can come up with anything, it is typically something about how nice it is not to have to worry about being racially profiled by police, or how nice it is not to be presumed less competent by employers, or discriminated against when applying for a loan, or looking for a home.

In other words, for whites, their self-definition is wrapped up entirely in terms of what and who they aren’t.

What it means to be white is basically to not be “the other.”
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by princepaul2-1111
I can remember a few years back on channel 4. They asked a group of white and black people what they like about being black or white

For black peole the answers always have to do with the pride we feel, coming from families who have struggled against the odds, fought injustice, persevered, and maintained dignity in the face of great obstacles.

In other words, to be black has internal meaning, derived from the positive actions and experiences of black people.

But for whites, if they can come up with anything, it is typically something about how nice it is not to have to worry about being racially profiled by police, or how nice it is not to be presumed less competent by employers, or discriminated against when applying for a loan, or looking for a home.

In other words, for whites, their self-definition is wrapped up entirely in terms of what and who they aren’t.

What it means to be white is basically to not be “the other.”

I agree!! You give the best answers !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending