The Student Room Group

Relationship anxiety - has anyone had these symptoms? What to do?

Has anyone experienced these symptoms: waking in the night, inability to concentrate, stopping enjoying things and a lack of motivation/feeling down?

I have fallen for someone who seems to want to make me feel insecure - I don't know what to do.

Should I see a doctor or counsellor?
Reply 1
Not knowing the details, I can't be too precise.
However, were you suffering anxiety or depression before the relationship? I was once and assumed it would make me happier, but it didn't and what I should've done was got help and sorted myself out before anyone else. (This may/may not apply to you)
Also I once had a gf, who when I look back now, undermined me and made me feel quite bad, but I didn't want to leave her because I didn't really see it as well as thinking I'd be worse off without her
Possibly the best thing you could do would be to sit down and talk to her about it, as it may be that she doesn't realise how she's making you feel
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by JBlad
Not knowing the details, I can't be too precise.
However, were you suffering anxiety or depression before the relationship? I was once and assumed it would make me happier, but it didn't and what I should've done was got help and sorted myself out before anyone else. (This may/may not apply to you)
Also I once had a gf, who when I look back now, undermined me and made me feel quite bad, but I didn't want to leave her because I didn't really see it as well as thinking I'd be worse off without her
Possibly the best thing you could do would be to sit down and talk to her about it, as it may be that she doesn't realise how she's making you feel
Good luck!

No, neither anxiety or depression before the relationship but have experienced it in past relationships. I have been insecure before though.

Did you get help? I have no idea where to turn?
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone experienced these symptoms: waking in the night, inability to concentrate, stopping enjoying things and a lack of motivation/feeling down?

I have fallen for someone who seems to want to make me feel insecure - I don't know what to do.

Should I see a doctor or counsellor?

Sometimes when we fall in love it can bring up insecurities as it makes us feel more vulnerable... I would recommend trying to get to the root of why these particular insecurities are cropping up and perhaps talking to your partner about it for some reassurance, they might naturally fade as the relationship grows stronger anyway so try not to fret :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
No, neither anxiety or depression before the relationship but have experienced it in past relationships. I have been insecure before though.

Did you get help? I have no idea where to turn?

No I didn't and I most probably should've done, who to turn to is really who you can confide in, if you feel the problem is more deep rooted maybe professional help could be required

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending