The Student Room Group

Arsey's S15 S2 Model Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rafiy2j
Ial s2 model solution????

Original post by Kopite15
Any idea when the IAL S2 model solutions will be posted?

Here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3456559
Reply 161
s2 edexcel: if there is a simple 2 marker asking for variance (2015 s2 uk), would i lose 2 marks for just writing down the correct answer (without the equation)the mark scheme looked a little odd: M1: (0.5+0)^2/12 (This was a formula , simple formula we needed for the question) M1A1 A1: awrt 0.0208 or 1/48 awrt 2.08 and it seemed that getting the answer right, with no working would lose 2 marks? as M0 A1 is not allowed sorry to be so paranoid, I'm just very on the edge of the grade i need for my uni !!! thanks
Original post by Sp44
s2 edexcel: if there is a simple 2 marker asking for variance (2015 s2 uk), would i lose 2 marks for just writing down the correct answer (without the equation)the mark scheme looked a little odd: M1: (0.5+0)^2/12 (This was a formula , simple formula we needed for the question) M1A1 A1: awrt 0.0208 or 1/48 awrt 2.08 and it seemed that getting the answer right, with no working would lose 2 marks? as M0 A1 is not allowed sorry to be so paranoid, I'm just very on the edge of the grade i need for my uni !!! thanks

Can't imagine why you would lose any marks - you certainly wouldn't lose 2 marks for having the correct answer in any case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sp44

You will get the two marks. The M1A1 only applies for when someone does the correct working (i.e. M1) but then somehow write down the incorrect answer due to a misread of the value in the calculator etc.
Reply 164
very high boundaries

75 = 100ums
71 = 90ums
67 = 80ums
59 = 70ums
Reply 165
Original post by Arsey
very high boundaries

75 = 100ums
71 = 90ums
67 = 80ums
59 = 70ums

Not surprised
did anyone else get an unexpected mark in S2?
Original post by kprime2

nah; unexpected marks in s3, fp3 and m1 though. What was your mark?
Original post by kprime2

As in lower than you thought?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
nah; unexpected marks in s3, fp3 and m1 though. What was your mark?

got 85. Was expecting 100. It makes no sense. After the exam I had stored my answers in my calculator and checked it against Arsey's answers and all my answers were right. I missed my A* in further because of this nonsense. I'm fully confident my script was mismarked
Original post by econam
As in lower than you thought?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah
Original post by kprime2
got 85. Was expecting 100. It makes no sense. After the exam I had stored my answers in my calculator and checked it against Arsey's answers and all my answers were right. I missed my A* in further because of this nonsense. I'm fully confident my script was mismarked

That's ridiculous, have you gone for a remark?
That's ridiculous, have you gone for a remark?

Yeah I'm going to get it remarked. I checked results plus and turns out I lost 5 marks on question 1 (nonsense) and 1 mark on question 5b.
Original post by kprime2
yeah

I feel like this for m1 and s1. I predicted high 90s in both from the unofficial mark schemes and the released grade boundaries but ended up with 87 and 77(I mean 77 in s1:/)

In m1 I even wrote my answers down and took them out of the hall

Surely I can't have got it that wrong?

I guess just send it back for a remark

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 174
Original post by kprime2

I'm in the exact same situation with S2 and FP2. only made one mistake on fp2 (by comparing to arseys markscheme that is) and that was one of the one mark questions at the end of the paper but unded up with 79 ums in both some how and missed the A* in further
Original post by econam
I feel like this for m1 and s1. I predicted high 90s in both from the unofficial mark schemes and the released grade boundaries but ended up with 87 and 77(I mean 77 in s1:/)

Surely I can't have got it that wrong with?

I guess just send it back for a remark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's weird. I'm going to request my script back first then send it for a remark
Original post by kprime2
Yeah I'm going to get it remarked. I checked results plus and turns out I lost 5 marks on question 1 (nonsense) and 1 mark on question 5b.

Hope it turns out alright. Think it goes to a senior examiner now so if your answers were correct you should be sure to get the 100.
I feel like I've been overmarked in M1, like someone may actually have taken my correct crossed out workings even though they were replaced and used them to get me to the 100 I seemed to have worked out was impossible...slightly undermarked in FP3 too I reckon.
Original post by Yeoman
I'm in the exact same situation with S2 and FP2. only made one mistake on fp2 (by comparing to arseys markscheme that is) and that was one of the one mark questions at the end of the paper but unded up with 79 ums in both some how and missed the A* in further

seems like a lot of people having troubles with their S2 mark

definitely worth a remark
Original post by kprime2
Yeah it's weird. I'm going to request my script back first then send it for a remark

How do you access results plus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope it turns out alright. Think it goes to a senior examiner now so if your answers were correct you should be sure to get the 100.
I feel like I've been overmarked in M1, like someone may actually have taken my correct crossed out workings even though they were replaced and used them to get me to the 100 I seemed to have worked out was impossible...slightly undermarked in FP3 too I reckon.

crossed workings are marked too. cannot complain about an overwork anyway haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending