The Student Room Group

GRADUATES applying for Dentistry (2016)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pauljoseph
No, it isn't false. He is telling the truth, but if candidates do not perform very strongly i.e 20-25 of a high calibre in comparison to previous years, then more are invited until they have enough strong candidates. This year, it could be that no more interviews are held, and it is only the 44 if enough of us performed strongly. So best case scenario it is only 44. But I prefer to assume the worst case scenario and only hope for the best, that way I am not surprised by either outcome.
I have only applied to King's as I wish to stay in London. When is your liverpool interview? Good luck in advance!

Ahhhh okay, got it, I should stop making stupid comments :biggrin:
I didn't apply to Liverpool either. It will be KCL dentistry (grad or regular) or UCL for a MSc or lama breeding in the Alps. Not sure yet
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Haha. Well, I'm sure you will definitely gain a place at King's. If I were you, while the graduate interview is still fresh in your mind, I would make notes on what was asked, how you could have improved your answers etc, and use this when you have your 5 year BDS interview.

Hopefully, and I wish you the same! I made notes on what was asked already and I will definitely use it for the second interview. Pretty sure they will ask the same types of questions! So, you only applied to KCL graduate, no other choices?
Reply 42
I have applied to both the 4 and 5 year courses. But the 5 year was only intended as practice for the 4 year course interview. As the funding options available for the 4 year course are far better. They are virtually non-existent for graduates applying to the 5 year course. But in a worst case scenario if I only have an offer for the 5 year, I will take it.

You are so lucky you had the 5 year interview before the grad one!! The grad interview was my 1st one ever, couldn't have asked for worse tbh.
I just booked my plane and eurostar tickets to come back in less than 1 month, just for the 5-year interview, and I won't even know if I have an offer or reject from the grad course before.
Did you notice a 100% similarity between the questions asked haha?
Original post by April22
You are so lucky you had the 5 year interview before the grad one!! The grad interview was my 1st one ever, couldn't have asked for worse tbh.
I just booked my plane and eurostar tickets to come back in less than 1 month, just for the 5-year interview, and I won't even know if I have an offer or reject from the grad course before.
Did you notice a 100% similarity between the questions asked haha?

We can't discuss the questions due to the NDA, I'm afraid. Well hopefully they get back to everyone before the 4 week estimate!
Reply 44
We can't discuss the questions due to the NDA, I'm afraid. Well hopefully they get back to everyone before the 4 week estimate!

I highly doubt they will get back before I board the plane though lol
Reply 45
Hey, has anyone heard back from Uclan yet? and do you know the ratio between interviews and offers?
Reply 46
Anyone been to the UCLan interview before?

Quick Reply

Latest