The Student Room Group

very very difficult situation

Hello

I am in a difficult and strange position.

I am currently at a very good and beautiful uni in the top 20's in the rankings, got AAB in my A level results and I've had a great first year and made lots of friends and signed for a new house.

The problem is, I cannot do it for another 2 years, my course departments are not very good, I have resits and probably will pass first year but deep down inside I really don't want to stay here.

I want to start again at another university and do something new.

The problem is, can I go through clearing or something and go to a uni at the same level or even better? The offer for my course was AAA but I got AAB and I still got accepted. Is it too late? Will I be able to do student finance again? What are my options??

I want to either to politics/politics and IR or PPE.

I know it is getting very late but my doubt cannot be ignored and I do not want to look back later in life and realize I've made a massive mistake. Can I still stay enrolled at my current uni until I get an actual offer?

thank you so much
Reply 1
bump
Original post by firewall2874
Hello

I am in a difficult and strange position.

I am currently at a very good and beautiful uni in the top 20's in the rankings, got AAB in my A level results and I've had a great first year and made lots of friends and signed for a new house.

The problem is, I cannot do it for another 2 years, my course departments are not very good, I have resits and probably will pass first year but deep down inside I really don't want to stay here.

I want to start again at another university and do something new.

The problem is, can I go through clearing or something and go to a uni at the same level or even better? The offer for my course was AAA but I got AAB and I still got accepted. Is it too late? Will I be able to do student finance again? What are my options??

I want to either to politics/politics and IR or PPE.

I know it is getting very late but my doubt cannot be ignored and I do not want to look back later in life and realize I've made a massive mistake. Can I still stay enrolled at my current uni until I get an actual offer?

thank you so much

If you are willing to start again from year1 then you will have more options available.

Read the stickied thread on transferring uni. Speak to someone at your current uni about getting a reference and start filling out your UCAS application.

At the same time do some research for universities asking for around you A levels grades, find out about course content, accommodation and speak to them about clearing (with no outstanding results you don't have to wait to find a place unless you want to).

The most important thing is to work out why you are unhappy now and do your research to make sure any uni you switch to will resolve that issue.
Reply 3
so is transferring easier than going through the clearing process? I think I'm going to get a 3rd this year after resits so I don't think any uni will realistically want me if I do it in that way. What do they look at?
Original post by firewall2874
so is transferring easier than going through the clearing process? I think I'm going to get a 3rd this year after resits so I don't think any uni will realistically want me if I do it in that way. What do they look at?

You would be going through clearing. It is all but impossible to go into yr 1 of a degree without going through UCAS. but you will have a different experience to someone applying straight from sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending