The Student Room Group

Masters in Development Economics

I've recently graduated with a mid to high 2:1 (66.5%), with particularly high marks in my development economics module (77%). This is the field I wish to pursue and I'm looking at taking a year out to work/save for a masters, so will be applying for 2016 entry to a programme.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my chances at getting into a quality development economics programme at a top university, as well as your opinions on the best courses in the UK and abroad.

Cheers in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by nobletwenty
I've recently graduated with a mid to high 2:1 (66.5%), with particularly high marks in my development economics module (77%). This is the field I wish to pursue and I'm looking at taking a year out to work/save for a masters, so will be applying for 2016 entry to a programme.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my chances at getting into a quality development economics programme at a top university, as well as your opinions on the best courses in the UK and abroad.

Cheers in advance :smile:

Good subject choice. May I ask what you're looking to do after graduating? Are you aiming to get into the private or public sector?

The top Universities, in my opinion, would be Oxford or LSE. SOAS is also very well placed for this, but I think LSE's placement rates are higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending