The Student Room Group

How to gain weight?

I'm a 16 years old boy and I feel I'm quiet skinny. I weight around 60 kg and I'm 180cm tall. How can I easily gain more weight so that my body looks nicer? Please don't say anything like: eat more food. I need details etc.
Reply 1
I know it sounds stupid but junk food won't help.
If your naturally skinny junk doesn't make you gain weight- you need to eat more nuts ^-^
Dry fruit & nuts are great as well as drinking juice rather than water
don't move and eat pizza

have a gaming marathon with pizza

do you have weight gain problems or not? because if not I don't understand how it can be hard
Reply 3
Eat 3 meals a day, plenty of carbs and protein, don't just eat junk or you'll be skinny fat.
You can always start working out, which sounds silly but rather than cardio and weight loss start looking at weights to gain more muscle. With this you can start eating what someone trying to bulk up would, lots of carbs and protein. You could also look at whey protein drinks and stuff like that which can bulk you up. I'd suggest doing it this way than just eating because then it won't be stored as fat but rather muscle.
Original post by bethwalker85
You can always start working out, which sounds silly but rather than cardio and weight loss start looking at weights to gain more muscle. With this you can start eating what someone trying to bulk up would, lots of carbs and protein. You could also look at whey protein drinks and stuff like that which can bulk you up. I'd suggest doing it this way than just eating because then it won't be stored as fat but rather muscle.

Yeah I heard someone say that as well but I wasn't sure exactly what I have to do. Thanks.
Sleep well.
Caloric surplus.

Quick Reply

Latest