The Student Room Group

Medical - based EPQ ideas?!?

Helloooo!

So I've finished my AS exams and in the awkward time period where our school isn't too keen in jumping into A2's but we are still at school. In this time so far I've decided that i wanted to do an EPQ and have started to brainstorm some ideas so i can start research over summer.Now i know such posts have been done to the point of exhaustion but I would love to get your thoughts on my ideas so far and take on board any other ideas I haven't yet considered!!

My ideas so far include:
- the future of NHS - on the lines of privatisation vs public
- the anatomy of our personality and emotions + what constitutes them - bit iffy about this one
- ethical issues within neuroscience
- neurological disorders + public health challenges presented by them
- something along the lines of medical law - but not sure what route -i.e who benefits? the development of it? etc.

As you can see most of the ideas are medicine based, because that's what i hope to do at uni and that's what I'm interested in!! - mainly neurology in particular

Any advice is appreciated!! :smile:
Original post by rmandala
Helloooo!

So I've finished my AS exams and in the awkward time period where our school isn't too keen in jumping into A2's but we are still at school. In this time so far I've decided that i wanted to do an EPQ and have started to brainstorm some ideas so i can start research over summer.Now i know such posts have been done to the point of exhaustion but I would love to get your thoughts on my ideas so far and take on board any other ideas I haven't yet considered!!

My ideas so far include:
- the future of NHS - on the lines of privatisation vs public
- the anatomy of our personality and emotions + what constitutes them - bit iffy about this one
- ethical issues within neuroscience
- neurological disorders + public health challenges presented by them
- something along the lines of medical law - but not sure what route -i.e who benefits? the development of it? etc.

As you can see most of the ideas are medicine based, because that's what i hope to do at uni and that's what I'm interested in!! - mainly neurology in particular

Any advice is appreciated!! :smile:

Maybe the impact Alzheimers, stroke etc on the NHS? Alzheimers would be a good one to explore - you could go into the neurological basis of the disease as one part of your essay and then talk about the different burdens and pressures this has on the NHS - the cost of care, more frequent admissions and so on and how the NHS are tackling this, or could improve.

My EPQ was on the impact of nosocomial (hospital acquired) infections on the NHS and went along a similar basis.
Reply 2
Original post by Joshalos
Maybe the impact Alzheimers, stroke etc on the NHS? Alzheimers would be a good one to explore - you could go into the neurological basis of the disease as one part of your essay and then talk about the different burdens and pressures this has on the NHS - the cost of care, more frequent admissions and so on and how the NHS are tackling this, or could improve.

My EPQ was on the impact of nosocomial (hospital acquired) infections on the NHS and went along a similar basis.

That sounds like a good idea! Because i wanted to tie it in back to the NHS so that i can get a better understanding of it and the struggles it faces

Do you mind sending me your EPQ? just so i can get a just of how to approach the effects in the NHS side of the essay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending