The Student Room Group

Child birth is terrifying.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by zippity.doodah
surely it isn't as bad as a baby's head coming out of your vagina for hours on end?

Yes that is the most intense pain, what I am trying to say is that natural childbirth will hurt so much at the moment and the mother will still be in pain but C section can lead to other complications and the wound will be hurting for quite a long time. If that makes sense.
Mother in law had stitches from tearing and apparently it wasn't pretty when my husband was born.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurensmiley97
A what?? :eek:

Do not google image search this if you are feeling remotely squeamish. I've seen/been involved with quite a lot of deliveries now, and bad perineal tears still make me wince.
I honestly can't believe anyone ever has children. ofc I'm not hating on people who choose to be parents (heck, if my mother hadn't wanted to I wouldn't be on this forum to post my pearls of wisdom at all) but just... the whole process of birthing... before, during and after... it's just mind-boggling :colonhash:
To me its terrifying and gross. I've never wanted kids for a few reasons and I would say the thought of childbirth is a big reason not to have them for me but not the biggest. I want to puke whenever I see videos of it on a documentary or something. There's no escaping it's gross.

People say it's beautiful and not gross because its natural. Pooping and puking are both natural and its OK to admit they are gross but not childbirth?! I'm sure its a painful yet sentimental moment for a woman and I can understand that but to me its still yucky and 100% totally not something I would ever, ever go through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest