The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading Clearing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eliotsmithgt
I got that too. Has anyone had a response in track yet?

I've not got anything in track. Given that we both got the same email I assume it's just a system error. Responses in track supposedly take a few days anyway.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Yeah I suppose it is just the default message sent out when they start looking at your application, even though they have given you an offer.

Would love for it to be confirmed though, want it done and dusted!
Yeah I suppose it is just the default message sent out when they start looking at your application, even though they have given you an offer.

Would love for it to be confirmed though, want it done and dusted!

Exactlly! There really shouldn't be anything to worry about given we've already been offered a place, but I'd still like to know for sure soon.
Original post by Goodusername
Exactlly! There really shouldn't be anything to worry about given we've already been offered a place, but I'd still like to know for sure soon.

What course did you get an offer for? Mine was for Computer Science.
What course did you get an offer for? Mine was for Computer Science.

Politics. I called them up and apparently i shouldn't be worried and we aren't the only ones who got that email.
Politics. I called them up and apparently i shouldn't be worried and we aren't the only ones who got that email.

Did they say how long it might take?
Did they say how long it might take?

Not specifically, though said that it won't take anywhere near four weeks, which we knew already tbh.

Just wondering, I applied and was accepted to reading, but didnt put them as my firm or insurance, is that the same for you?
Not specifically, though said that it won't take anywhere near four weeks, which we knew already tbh.

Just wondering, I applied and was accepted to reading, but didnt put them as my firm or insurance, is that the same for you?

Nope, the first offer I got was through clearing.

Oh good. I think that helps confirm that's this is just an automatic email sent to lots of people.

Just got accepted on track, so clearly there's nothing to worry about. Best of luck mate.
Hopefuly not too long for me then! Did you add the clearing offer to track on results day?
Hopefuly not too long for me then! Did you add the clearing offer to track on results day?

Yep, at about 6pm.

Hey, i got an offer from clearing for computer science too. Perhaps each department has different deadlines etc. Who knows. We will have to wait and see. I added them the day after clearing (an hour or 2 before their deadline for me).
Original post by AenigmaFx
Hey, i got an offer from clearing for computer science too. Perhaps each department has different deadlines etc. Who knows. We will have to wait and see. I added them the day after clearing (an hour or 2 before their deadline for me).

Have you had anything on track yet, I haven't. I added it a couple of hours before you it seems then.
Have you had anything on track yet, I haven't. I added it a couple of hours before you it seems then.

No update yet. Perhaps monday?
No update yet. Perhaps monday?

We can only hope! :smile:
I got the same email as you guys but that was only when I emailed Reading asking them if they got my referral from UCAS it seems. I also contacted UCAS asking if they did send it and they said yes but when I asked the clearing team at the university over the phone they said they had nothing from me. And as clearing hotline closed from 2pm saturday till 9am today you can tell I've been pretty worried, but hope its just taking its time to go through.
We can only hope! :smile:

Alright i called the university up, and as far as they are concerned the application has gone through and they have seen it. They said they are waiting to do that with the rest of the applicants in our position, and once they have done that they will send that information too UCAS, which will then ping back to the university and that is when Track should be updated. The person i was on the phone with estimated end of today or tomorrow. So lets continue to sit tight :smile:
Alright i called the university up, and as far as they are concerned the application has gone through and they have seen it. They said they are waiting to do that with the rest of the applicants in our position, and once they have done that they will send that information too UCAS, which will then ping back to the university and that is when Track should be updated. The person i was on the phone with estimated end of today or tomorrow. So lets continue to sit tight :smile:

You certainly got more than I did on the phone then! The person I spoke to didn't give any indication of time - thanks for the info!
You certainly got more than I did on the phone then! The person I spoke to didn't give any indication of time - thanks for the info!

Ahaha no problem, glad i could help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending