The Student Room Group

Arsey's S15 D2 Model Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
probably, but that is only for a 2 person zero sum game.

Makes sense, I wouldn't fault them for not giving me the mark but by my current tally I am on 70/75 so every mark counts.
There is no IAL paper for D2
Original post by Arsey
more importantly, there was no Agent Goodie. He had better rock up on the IAL paper or I will not be pleased.
If I wrote 'minimise P' instead of C on the transportation linear program question but didn't say it was profit, do you think I'd get away with it?
Original post by DysonCube
Makes sense, I wouldn't fault them for not giving me the mark but by my current tally I am on 70/75 so every mark counts.

I did the same as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think I dropped 3 marks maximum... Thank god for that. No D2 for me next year :biggrin:

Thanks Arsey!
Original post by Arsey
It was tricky to understand which to choose but a minimax would not give you what she wanted. She wants the maximum weight of a truck that can travel from the start to the end; therefore, she needs the smallest weight on an arc in her route to be as big as possible - maximin.

Minimax is just wrong

Yeah; reading it is seemed like a minimax so i did that at first, but it was clear that 9 was wrong as impossible on last section, so i redid it as a maximin and got it right. It only took a bit of commen sense to see your minimax answers were wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put maximise rather than minimise on the formulate question, the rest was correct on it, how much would this lose me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asurat
How many marks would I lose for doing equalities rather than inequalities for the linear programming question?

Look in the 2014 ms and it says equalities are fine too

Posted from TSR Mobile
D2 -70
S1 -73
M1 -37
C1- 73
C2 -74
FP1 - 62

What sort of grades/ums am i looking at?
How's best to put it together as maths and further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IvoryToast
D2 -70
S1 -73
M1 -37
C1- 73
C2 -74
FP1 - 62

Posted from TSR Mobile

You did d2 before d1?
D2 - 70
S1 - 73
M1 - 37
C1 - 73
C2 - 74
FP1 - 62

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think you got so low for M1? I thought M1 is really easy (easiest for me in that list lol).
Also why are you doing D2 before D1?
(edited 8 years ago)
I put maximise rather than minimise on the formulate question, the rest was correct on it, how much would this lose me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I checked the 2014 paper with it on and you would just lose 1
I labelled my stages from 4 to 1 , instead of 1-4 , surely I would not lose any marks? :smile:
Original post by xyzmaster
You did d2 before d1?

Yup. Dunno why. Our school are stupid .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raymat
Why do you think you got so low for M1? I thought M1 is really easy (easiest for me in that list lol).
Also why are you doing D2 before D1?

I'd never done a question like the lift one before and messed up moments completely too. I'm hoping to retajem1 next year as i generally find it quite easy. And our school is stupid, i don't know why they do d2 first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Thanks so much for these answers. Just to ask, in the question where we had to find x, it doesn't specify that x has to be an integer I don't think so surely x isn't 22-26 but rather it is just less than 27 and greater than 21 so therefore your range for the bound is an inequality between 174 and 180?? (not 175-179)
Original post by Arsey
Quite a reasonable paper

Flows was a bit weird

Dynamic Programming is dangerous, I wonder how many did a minimax

So Arsey which of your eight constraints in Q5e) is stopping all of the x_ij = 0, giving a minimum cost of £0? I thought you said the minimum cost was £2532 in the previous part. The LP problem is meant to be equivalent to the transportation problem; not have different answers.
Well this went shockingly well.

Lost 1 mark for the profit equation (I assume P-xxxxxx=15 isn't allowed?)

and 2 for the last part of the flow question (da hell was that about?)
Reply 38
Original post by Arsey
Quite a reasonable paper

Flows was a bit weird

Dynamic Programming is dangerous, I wonder how many did a minimax

The end... I cry evertim

Just wanted to say thanks you for all the model solutions over these 2 years, you are a don :wink:
Thanks Arsey - over the past two years your model solutions have certainly lifted (and sometimes dropped) many moods...Goodbye forever! (unless you do Uni solutions too!). Hope the generations to come benefit from as as I did.. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending