The Student Room Group

Results day dreams

So after getting nightmares all exam season about missing my exams the results day dreams have started :eek:

The first one I got right before my exams:
I got my results with variable but overall disappointing grades. However, I realised these weren't my results because there were subjects I hadn't even taken. I went to my exams officer and I can't remember what she said but generally people were telling me to stop lying and I was just dissapointed with my results. Nobody would believe I never took business or ICT. Somehow I knew exactly whose grades they were and it was someone I vaguely knew so I went to her school in North London to try and find her. I was in a car park going to meet her and then I woke up.

The second one was a couple of nights ago:
I got my results sheet but it was laid out really weirdly with coloured graphics by my subjects and I couldn't work out what my results were because there were so many letters. People kept telling me different things and I was getting really annoyed. It ended after I started shouting at some year tens because they knew my results but typed them onto the computer so I could read them on the projector but made them scroll really fast like credits and I didn't manage read them before they disappeared.

I vaguely think I remember having another couple of results day dreams where I kept getting grades that don't exist like "Q" and "J".

Dreams can get really weird so I thought it'd be funny if everyone shared their results day dreams. Sorry if this thread already exists.

Scroll to see replies

I used to dream about results day all the time :teehee: I also received grades that didn't actually exist :tongue: I think I got a K at one point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I keep on having nightly dreams about results day, I know it's months away but it bugs me all the time!
Reply 3
Funny enough i had one two nights ago and i opened the envelope and received all As however a B in maths and then i moved down the page and saw results for art and drama and dance which i never even took and got Fs and Gs in them then i got really worried and woke up :s
The law of attraction... I hope it works :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by web-girl
I had a dream that I came late to results day that everyone had gone and the teachers went home! I also had one when I had a car crash and died and never made it to results day. What I do want to happen is for the edexcel B2 grade boundaries to be low!

Oh dear. Well at least you know no matter what happens it's probably not going to be as bad as the second scenario 😵
Probably idiotic of me but the night before results day last year I didn't sleep due to nerves, even though I was only getting Stats/Core Science grades aha..

Although before I have had ones where I fail everything, and also where I get like A/A*'s, IDK...
Reply 7
Same, I've had so many results day dreams...

Some incredibly amazing
Some.... Not quite so good.
I had one once where I got 12% in my law AS

I woke up panicking like 'oh my goodness was that real?? what's the date?? have I had results day?'

then I realised

I don't even take law
Today was my actual results day (2nd yr law degree) so the dreams (read: nightmares) end here for me :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by TykeDragon
Today was my actual results day (2nd yr law degree) so the dreams (read: nightmares) end here for me :smile:

Oh congratulations!! How did you do?
Original post by Jodie99
Oh congratulations!! How did you do?

Thank you, I got a first so my worries were for naught fortunately! :smile: Best of luck to everyone waiting for their results!
Reply 12
Thank you, I got a first so my worries were for naught fortunately! :smile: Best of luck to everyone waiting for their results!

Oh that's amazing, well done! Where do you study?
And thank you!!!
I remember one or two annoying ones where I can't read what's inside the envelope.
Original post by Jodie99
Oh that's amazing, well done! Where do you study?
And thank you!!!

I study at Southampton Uni! Are you at uni?

:woo:congrats!!
Reply 16
I study at Southampton Uni! Are you at uni?

No no haha GCSE results day (I know you'll probably think it's stupid to be worried about GCSEs but yeah)
Original post by Jodie99
No no haha GCSE results day (I know you'll probably think it's stupid to be worried about GCSEs but yeah)

Course not, I worried about GCSE results at the time - after all it's what you need for sixth form! You'll be fine, just find something to distract yourself every day :P
I'm not the only one then! Phew. I had a dream the day before yesterday, about my results. I was pretty heart broke when it came to the results, but these results were the pre results...like what?! Yehp. The results I had gotten could be altered. You would be given your exam back, in exam conditions, and all of it was your work. At this point you could tweak things, where you'd lost marks. Then all you had to do was get it sent off (as normal) and wait until August for your real real results. What on earth?! I was left rather confused...
You'll be fine!

Skips :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest