The Student Room Group

Creamy Lumpy Vaginal Discharge

I started on the Pill 15 days ago and then on antibiotics for bv 13 days ago. I had unprotected sex 6 days after starting the Pill and a few more times since then. Last night I noticed a creamy lumpy discharge, it is odorless and there is no itching or redness from the vagina. I don't think its a yeast infection because of the lack of redness or itching. I'm not sure what the discharge is, any help??
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I started on the Pill 15 days ago and then on antibiotics for bv 13 days ago. I had unprotected sex 6 days after starting the Pill and a few more times since then. Last night I noticed a creamy lumpy discharge, it is odorless and there is no itching or redness from the vagina. I don't think its a yeast infection because of the lack of redness or itching. I'm not sure what the discharge is, any help??

You don't have to have all the symptoms for it to be a yeast infection. I just get the discharge with no other symptoms, same for a few people I know. Especially because you have just been on antibiotics, my guess is that you have a yeast infection. I would suggest going to your GP or walk in centre. They can do swabs for this, but maybe will just suggest getting the pessary and/or oral capsule for this after listening to what your symptoms are. You could go straight to a pharmacy and get the treatment, but because of the fact you have just started the pill - which can be a cause for changes in vaginal discharge - and because you have just had BV, I would advise going to your GP first just to make sure that it is a yeast infection before taking the treatment for it.

Quick Reply

Latest