The Student Room Group

They all laughed....

So basically we have a taster session in a few weeks and they already selected people for it when the potential year 12s come in...all my friends were doing it and so i was basically like fudge it i dont wanna be alone for most of the day....

so i decided that ill stay behind and ask...so just when my perfect opportunity comes i put up my hand and ask the teacher "can i join?" and everyone laughs - now i dont mind that they laughed but after that people started mocking me and mimicing my voice....how long is this going to last because now i feel a tad embarrassed....
What was funny? why did they laugh? sound like a bunch of ***** tbh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

This.
(edited 8 years ago)
wtf why would they laugh?
What was funny? why did they laugh? sound like a bunch of tw*ts tbh

I have witnessed something similar. For instance there is a girl in my class and whenever she gets an answer wrong, my friends go 'oh you stupid little girl'. I would try and help her, however I do not know how. :frown:

Though, probably on second thoughts, it is not my place to help her.
(edited 8 years ago)
Probably the way you said it rather than what you said tbh, if you sounded like a dick I would have laughed too lmao
Original post by sapere aude5
I have witnessed something similar. For instance there is a girl in my class and whenever she gets an answer wrong, my friends go 'oh you stupid little girl'. I would try and help her, however I do not know how. :frown:

I know this happens, I just don't understand it. I have never understood it but I guess they do it to belittle the person. No it's not your place to help her but if they are your friends I'm sure your comfortable enough to tell them to stop.
It's just the tone you said it in maybe. It's just a bit of banter, even if it is poor banter.
Reply 9
OP here :
i have a deep voice maybe thats why they laughed? people say i sound like stormzy...
any advice on how to deal with the situation?
Well if that makes them laugh, not much must go down in your school.
Original post by Luigishouse
It's just the tone you said it in maybe. It's just a bit of banter, even if it is poor banter.

It's not always 'just a bit of banter', though, is it? Sometimes stuff like this can hurt people.
Original post by lustawny
It's not always 'just a bit of banter', though, is it? Sometimes stuff like this can hurt people.

True. Kids don't see it that way unfortunately.
Original post by lustawny

This is true...
ignore them... so just simply tell them to stop
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
So basically we have a taster session in a few weeks and they already selected people for it when the potential year 12s come in...all my friends were doing it and so i was basically like fudge it i dont wanna be alone for most of the day....

so i decided that ill stay behind and ask...so just when my perfect opportunity comes i put up my hand and ask the teacher "can i join?" and everyone laughs - now i dont mind that they laughed but after that people started mocking me and mimicing my voice....how long is this going to last because now i feel a tad embarrassed....

learn to manipulate your social image
Original post by TARS
learn to manipulate your social image

???
Laugh along with them, show them you dont care, and it'll be less like they're laughing AT you and more like they're laughing WITH you
They're gonna keep doing it if they figure out you're taking it seriously

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending