The Student Room Group

Summer Bucket List Challenge - enter here for your chance to win £500!

:flower:Welcome to the Summer Bucket List Challenge!:flower:

The name of the game is to tackle the boredom of the summer break by getting out and about to see, do and achieve things that you have dreamed of doing but never gotten around to.

Lava (
http://www.lavaaccessories.co.uk/) have kindly donated some incredibly awesome prizes for the winners of the challenge...

The winner of the Summer Bucket List Challenge will receive the top prize of
£500
plus an amazing
Lava Brightsounds Portable Bluetooth Speaker and Ambient LED Light!!!

The
top 5 runners up will also receive a Lava Brightsounds Speaker... what's not to love?!

Some ideas could be...

:turtle: Grow something - whether this is chilli plants, herbs or flowers

:turtle: Master a new hobby- this could be yoga, tennis, running...

:turtle: Visit an open air cinema and watch a film in the sunshine

:turtle: Give geocaching a try - it's fun, local and best of all, free!

:turtle: Visit a place you have never been to before

:turtle: Experiment with a new cuisine

:turtle: Complete a drawing or painting

:turtle: Save a target amount of money

:turtle: Have a horse riding lesson

:turtle: Dabble in a cookery lesson

:turtle: Have a picnic in Hyde Park

:turtle: Take part in volunteer work

:turtle: Ride a bike cross country

:turtle: Take a lesson in archery

:turtle: Write a short story

:turtle: Swim in the sea

:turtle: Visit a castle

TO ENTER: Simply create a thread in the Summer Beach Hut forum with the title including your username and Summer Bucket List, i.e. 'Queen Cersei's Summer Bucket List!' Post the link to your bucket list thread in this thread for Official Entry. This thread can also be used for questions and discussion.

TAKING PART: The threads will be used to document your progress and you can use these 'blogs' to describe your experiences, share your progress with the community and post photos up of the awesome things you have seen!

You will need to post up your bucket list as the OP- this should have at least 10 items to be spread across the Challenge, though more is better (my own list has 54!). These can range from something small such as growing some herbs to something big like swimming with dolphins.

PRIZES: Lava have supplied some awesome prizes for the Challenge- the top prize is £500 plus a Lava Brightsounds Portable Bluetooth Speaker and Ambient LED Light!!! The 5 runners up will also receive a snazzy Lava Brightsounds speaker!

At the end of the Challenge, the blogs will be reviewed and the best one will win the top prize and have their blog published as an article for the TSR newsletter! Entrants will be judged on the quality of their bucket blog posts (we welcome photos, videos, anecdotes etc!) and on having completed all the items on their bucket list.

Winners of the Lava Brightsounds Speaker will be asked to submit a review of the product for an additional blog post.

DATES: The Summer Bucket List Challenge will kick off on Wednesday 1st July with 10 days for entry closing on Friday 10th July at midnight (creation of thread, formation of bucket list). The Challenge and will then run for 7 weeks over summer until Friday 28th August when the competition will close and final blog posts must be made.

The winner will be announced by the CT at the beginning of September!

Scroll to see replies

I am strangely drawn to this £500...

Tell me, are group entries allowed? I'm thinking the annual MHSS camping trip could do with a larger cider fund an opportunity to grow as people and learn a little more about ourselves.
Got a little carried away making mine! Lets hope the weather stays this hot :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3432063&p=57468177#post57468177
Reply 5
I barely open my curtains to look outside, so I'm ****ed.

* No swearsy filter?? :K:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by A5ko
I barely open my curtains to look outside, so I'm ****ed.
No swearsy filter??

Holy ****! :eek:
Reply 9
I'll have a think if I can put together enough items for a list.
Original post by miser
I'll have a think if I can put together enough items for a list.

Suggest 'going camping with Wolfie' as priority No. #1. :ninja:
Reply 11
Original post by superwolf
Suggest 'going camping with Wolfie' as priority No. #1. :ninja:

I probably won't make it but it would be cool to see you again. :smile:
Original post by miser
I probably won't make it but it would be cool to see you again. :smile:

Well you're welcome round our bit any time. :smile:
Original post by Queen Cersei

This thread can also be used for questions and discussion.

DATES: The Summer Bucket List Challenge will kick off on Wednesday 1st July with 10 days for entry closing on Friday 10th July (creation of thread, formation of bucket list). The Challenge and will then run for 7 weeks over summer until Friday 28th August when the competition will close and final blog posts must be made.

Hey :smile: just a quick question :biggrin: just wondered can you add to your original bucket list after the 10th or not really. As in for example I want to go on holiday with my friend somewhere which I'll put as one of them, but depending where we decide there could be more things I want to do eg I've always wanted to go paddle boarding but don't have any plan of where/if we're doing anything yet so it might not be possible. Just wondered since it doesn't really matter cos if we do manage to go on holiday together then obviously I'll mention things that we did but, yeah.. :smile: or if I just thought of more things throughout the summer, even though I've got a pretty long enough list already haha
btw I just looked up geocaching and it sounds so good! Just the sort of thing I'd enjoy, we're going on holiday to visit my grandparent (they live in Spain) and there's some in their town as well! My grandma always used to make us treasure hunts when we visited them so I can see her really wanting to do it haha so thanks for that suggestion :smile:
Definitely entering this :woo:
Original post by loosiemorgan
Hey :smile: just a quick question :biggrin: just wondered can you add to your original bucket list after the 10th or not really. As in for example I want to go on holiday with my friend somewhere which I'll put as one of them, but depending where we decide there could be more things I want to do eg I've always wanted to go paddle boarding but don't have any plan of where/if we're doing anything yet so it might not be possible. Just wondered since it doesn't really matter cos if we do manage to go on holiday together then obviously I'll mention things that we did but, yeah.. :smile: or if I just thought of more things throughout the summer, even though I've got a pretty long enough list already haha
btw I just looked up geocaching and it sounds so good! Just the sort of thing I'd enjoy, we're going on holiday to visit my grandparent (they live in Spain) and there's some in their town as well! My grandma always used to make us treasure hunts when we visited them so I can see her really wanting to do it haha so thanks for that suggestion :smile:

Absolutely! That is fine to add more on as you go along for those things that crop up unplanned!

I haven't tried geocaching yet so it is also on my bucket list :h:
Original post by Queen Cersei
x

This sounds awesome! Will definitely enjoy having a look through these :gah:

Good luck to everyone who enters :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest