The Student Room Group

AS and A2 English

Hi all,
I've taken chemistry AS for the past year and absolutely hate it.
I want to drop it and take English AS and A2 next year.
I plan on doing a combined course at uni such as Anthropology+History of Art/ something similar.
Do you guys think its possible to do A-level english in a year, and whether this is a good idea?
thanks a lot !
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

A lot of people choose English as a one year A level and manage to get A's and A*'s after lot of hard work. This is what other people on Thestudentroom have said.

I am going to do AS/A2 economics in one year :tongue:
Original post by donny2000
Hi all,
I've taken chemistry AS for the past year and absolutely hate it.
I want to drop it and take English AS and A2 next year.
I plan on doing a combined course at uni such as Anthropology+History of Art/ something similar.
Do you guys think its possible to do A-level english in a year, and whether this is a good idea?
thanks a lot !

I personally do not think it's possible. English Lit is a subject that takes time to perfect. It's not a subject like Biology where you can just know the topic and recycle the information based on facts and etc. English you need to take your time to develop your critical reading and your analysis because the step from A level to A2 level is quite immense in terms of what and how you need to write and the texts often are harder at A2 too. I personally think trying to read and memorise 6 texts for exams and read another 6 for two or three pieces of coursework sounds doesn't sound ideal at sixth form pace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending