The Student Room Group

Meeting new people - getting the uni experience

Hi everyone. I've just (re)signed up for my degree and I'm doing it through the open university. I'd love to be able to enjoy the experiences that I'm missing out on, but I have no idea how to do it! I live just round the corner from Falmouth campus of Exeter uni (like, literally walking distance), and wondered if anyone has gone through a similar thing?
I'd love to meet some new people!
Why not join some clubs or societies at Exeter? When I was at Aston University, half the mountaineering club at most times consisted of old boys and friends of friends we had picked up along the way. I have also joined societies at different universities here and there.
Original post by ByEeek
Why not join some clubs or societies at Exeter? When I was at Aston University, half the mountaineering club at most times consisted of old boys and friends of friends we had picked up along the way. I have also joined societies at different universities here and there.

Exeter is a bit far away, I'm right down in Falmouth..I feel a bit weird asking to join societies from other Unis...not the most confident person when meeting people :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't fret. They are all young enthusiastic bright students just like you. They couldn't care less what uni you go to if you smile nicely and are a nice person.
You can try and join them not sure they will accept students who don't study at the same Uni
Might see if there are any surfing things or similar nearby, and see what happens..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending