The Student Room Group

Applied Late for Student Finance

So I have gotten really late in applying for the Student Finance loan. I wont be able to complete my form and send it off by post for at least another 10 days due to certain circumstances. Does anybody know if I will get the loan late cause of me applying late for it? And what effect will this have on me starting Uni? I am starting October 2015-2016.
Its fine, dont worry, you will get confirmation before September if you send it off this month or July. Even if you sent it off in August or september it would still be fine. you get confirmaton about 6 weeks after they receive it.
Reply 2
Thank you ^^ Has anyone experienced this before?
Original post by Soyeb
Thank you ^^ Has anyone experienced this before?

I have. :colondollar:
Reply 4
Ohhh hahaha. Then I will take your word for this. I had been getting really worried that I wont get the money on time and all of that. Thank you.
Original post by Soyeb
So I have gotten really late in applying for the Student Finance loan. I wont be able to complete my form and send it off by post for at least another 10 days due to certain circumstances. Does anybody know if I will get the loan late cause of me applying late for it? And what effect will this have on me starting Uni? I am starting October 2015-2016.

I applied late and got my loan on time. don't worry :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by JackBlack
I applied late and got my loan on time. don't worry :smile:

Ohh alright. How late did you apply?
I have to wait like 10 days to submiy mine since im waiting for my NI.
Original post by Soyeb
Ohh alright. How late did you apply?
I have to wait like 10 days to submiy mine since im waiting for my NI.

It was nearly a month late :O I was lucky I got mine on time.
Reply 8
Original post by JackBlack
It was nearly a month late :O I was lucky I got mine on time.
Ooohhhh lucky? Do people get it late too?
When's "on time"? I start October 1st so when should I expect the first payment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
When's "on time"? I start October 1st so when should I expect the first payment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on your uni. You need to enrol at uni (usually during Freshers or Induction Week). Your uni then confirms to Student Finance that you have enrolled, after which SF release your first payment to your bank. Different unis have different enrolment dates.

There are potential delays which can occur at any of those points, so always bring enough money to fund your first couple of weeks at least.
Original post by Klix88
It depends on your uni. You need to enrol at uni (usually during Freshers or Induction Week). Your uni then confirms to Student Finance that you have enrolled, after which SF release your first payment to your bank. Different unis have different enrolment dates.

There are potential delays which can occur at any of those points, so always bring enough money to fund your first couple of weeks at least.

Great thanks. Enrolment opened today so I've enrolled online but my course starts on September 28th so would I be right in assuming my first payment will hit my account on the 28th? I work full time so I'm good for money but I have plans for my student loan 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
Great thanks. Enrolment opened today so I've enrolled online but my course starts on September 28th so would I be right in assuming my first payment will hit my account on the 28th? I work full time so I'm good for money but I have plans for my student loan 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

The enrolment I mean takes place when you physically turn up at uni and the uni makes a note of it. It's the same time as you presenting your certificates, proof of ID or anything else the uni needs to see. It's to prevent fraud, where people with a uni place claim SF and then don't bother going to uni.

I seriously doubt that your SF will be in your account on 28th Sept.
Oh ok cool. That's managed my expectations at least

Original post by Klix88
The enrolment I mean takes place when you physically turn up at uni and the uni makes a note of it. It's the same time as you presenting your certificates, proof of ID or anything else the uni needs to see. It's to prevent fraud, where people with a uni place claim SF and then don't bother going to uni.
I seriously doubt that your SF will be in your account on 28th Sept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending